1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 10:276 edits
    We have recently partnered with Random House Publishing to help promote their new book by David Shenk, 'The Immortal Game'.

A new brand of RHP is available (it is a skin of RHP, not a new site) called "Play The Immortal Game" which is linked to from the book's official site. Anyone can use it right now, should they wish, by logging in with their current account details at :

http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com

The book is available for pre-order (available from Sept 5th) off Amazon here :

US

UK

-Russ

edit : We have our copy already. 🙂
  2. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 10:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    We have recently partnered with Random House Publishing to help promote their new book by David Shenk, 'The Immortal Game'.

A new brand of RHP is available (it is for skin of RHP, not a new site) called "Play The Immortal Game" which is linked to from the book's official site. Anyone can use it right now, should they wish, by logging in with their current a ...[text shortened]... 26n%3D266239%26s%3Dbooks%26v%3Dglance]UK[/]

-Russ

This is very fitting timing seeing how it looks like everyone voting to make games last forever.
  3. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 14:42
    Originally posted by IM14u2NV
    This is very fitting timing seeing how it looks like everyone voting to make games last forever.
    ooooooooooh, bitchy, cynical, bitter or what?
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 16:45

A new brand of RHP is available (it is a skin of RHP, not a new site) called "Play The Immortal Game" which is linked to from the book's official site. Anyone can use it right now, should they wish, by logging in with their current acc ...[text shortened]... 26n%3D266239%26s%3Dbooks%26v%3Dglance]UK[/]

-Russ

Wow, co-branded RHP! What next? RHP TV??
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 19:091 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 20:57

A new brand of RHP is available (it is a skin of RHP, not a new site) called "Play The Immortal Game" which is linked to from the book's official site. Anyone can use it right now, should they wish, by logging in with their current acc ...[text shortened]... 26n%3D266239%26s%3Dbooks%26v%3Dglance]UK[/]

-Russ

Oooh, I like the look of the banner! I'll scope out the book. Thanks!
  7. London
    Moves
    01 Sep '06 20:461 edit

-Russ

Is this skin permenant? I just logged on with it and like it so much I think I'm going to keep on playing on PTIG (lol).

edit: Although now all of ourobos's Greasemonkey scripts don't work. Back to RHP until I can perusade him to add PTIG to it.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Sep '06 20:51
    I suspect so, or at least some variation of it if people like it.

-Russ
  9. Fleet, Hampshire
    Moves
    01 Sep '06 21:06
    Will be looking to purchase said book when released, thanks.
  10. London
    Moves
    01 Sep '06 23:55
    I suspect so, or at least some variation of it if people like it.

-Russ
    What are the chances of being able to edit the skin of http://www.redhotpawn.com to something like TFC or PTIG without having to visit the other sites. What I mean is that as you can choose your board colour/size etc... why not skin?
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 11:01
    The book sounds interesting, once anyone's read it post a review pretty please....
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 18:26
    I really like the colour scheme of this incarnation, and i've changed my site link. . . great stuff Russ.
  13. washington
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 03:44
    i like all the skins it allows me to play 3 times before they can block all access to RHP. i'm color blind so i dont know whether it is black or royal blue as the skin can anyone help me out? i'm serious. good work russ hopefuly you dont make a rainbow one. lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree