1. Standard memberNilfisk
    This is not my child
    Canterbury, NZ
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 06:331 edit
    I have started playing a few tournaments and find it difficult to track what my potential tournament game load will be from one round to another i.e. the My Active filter shows all tournaments that are still going that I feature in whether or not I am actively playing or will play in the future.

Would anyone see benefit in having another filter distinguishing between Active (playing and likely to progress) and Non Active (playing or played but not going to progress).😏
  2. Standard memberIcky Ike
    Pro-Complainer
    California
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 21:42
    Originally posted by Nilfisk
    I have started playing a few tournaments and find it difficult to track what my potential tournament game load will be from one round to another i.e. the My Active filter shows all tournaments that are still going that I feature in whether or not I am actively playing or will play in the future.

Would anyone see benefit in having another filter distinguis ...[text shortened]... (playing and likely to progress) and Non Active (playing or played but not going to progress).😏
    Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I wouldn't use it.
  3. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 23:26
    Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
    Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I wouldn't use it.
    If all I wanted to do was win tourneys, I'd use it because it would save time.
    If I didn't care about points or ratings, or lost causes, maybe I'd use it, if I had a big gameload and time was more important than points .

If I cared about my rating, or timeouts against me, or the games I could win in lost tourneys, or a player's feelings when someone just stops playing, I wouldn't use it.
  4. Standard memberNilfisk
    This is not my child
    Canterbury, NZ
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 04:13
    If I cared about my rating, or timeouts against me, or the games I could win in lost tourneys, or a player's feelings when someone just stops playing, I wouldn't use it.[/b]
    I didn't mean to suggest that if I was unlikely to progress in a given tournament that I wouldn't be playing may games out. The main benefit of the filter is that one would know at a glance which tournaments are going to create more games.

Better gameload management = better games...(in a perfect world).😏
  5. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    01 Oct '06 11:44
    Originally posted by Nilfisk
    I didn't mean to suggest that if I was unlikely to progress in a given tournament that I wouldn't be playing may games out. The main benefit of the filter is that one would know at a glance which tournaments are going to create more games.

Better gameload management = better games...(in a perfect world).😏
    Agreed, it could be useful for predicting future gameload.

If, however, you're like me, you will already know that "there ain't gonna be any more, cos you're crap at chess and there ain't no hope in hell that you're gonna get through to the next round..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree