New Vote at Mind

New Vote at Mind

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
21 Jun 07
1 edit

I've heard lots of complaints about the new avatar system that's been on for the last 2 months and I too have some complaints about it. We should have a vote open to only subscribers and vote for the following options:

1. Go back to the original image system
2. Keep the current image system

The votes should only be open for 2 months so that we can do this fast, unlike the other votes that take forever to end. 😞

Any questions, PM me or post a message here. I'll check back here tomorrow morning.

Thread 71405

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
22 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
I've heard lots of complaints about the new avatar system that's been on for the last 2 months and I too have some complaints about it. We should have a vote open to only subscribers and vote for the following options:

The votes should only be open for 2 months so that we ...[text shortened]... or post a message here. I'll check back here tomorrow morning.

Thread 71405
IMO, the picture requirements are minor details.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
22 Jun 07

The votes should only be open for 2 months so that we ...[text shortened]... or post a message here. I'll check back here tomorrow morning.

Thread 71405
A third option of "Don't care" would be prudent.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by Wheely
Lol. 😀

N

The sky

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by Wheely
And some more options:

4. Keep the current system, but make the avatars bigger (e.g. 100x100).
5. Use whatever system, but prohibit epilepsy-inducing animated avatars
6. Keep the current system, but allow me to mess with ATY's avatar

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
5. Use whatever system, but prohibit epilepsy-inducing animated avatars.
😀

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Jun 07

Thread 71405
Sorry, but the avatar system is not changing back - as mentioned elsewhere, allowing people to link to images created some really undesirable problems. My only regret is I didn't change it years ago.

-Russ

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
24 Jun 07

Originally posted by Russ
Sorry, but the avatar system is not changing back - as mentioned elsewhere, allowing people to link to images created some really undesirable problems. My only regret is I didn't change it years ago.

-Russ
Couldn't you just add an option that allowed users to disable avatars? If they are on low bandwidth connections, this would not only make the page load faster because of the lack of images, it would make the HTML code smaller to download also. I think people, as a general rule, liked the fact you could have big pictures in a small frame. Some people found some cool pics, on a broadband connection the pages loaded fine (in my experience...)

M

Moves
24 Jun 07

People who think fancy avatars are important should take their rattles and go play on YouTube.😕

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
24 Jun 07

Originally posted by MissOleum
People who think fancy avatars are important should take their rattles and go play on YouTube.😕
They're not important, they're fun! No one is suggesting this is life or death here.