1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 15:15
    Please consider having board options for different catgories of games.

now, all games appear identically on the "games waiting" cue and those of us with high games counts can sometimes mix them up too easily.

If unrated games came up with a different board setting (color, pieces, board design, whatever) there wouldn't be any automatic mess ups.

I think that this option would be a real enhancement that might lead to a lot more fun matches.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 01:54
    okay, so this suggestion was completely ignored, but i just wanted to raise it up one more time to check and see if there is anyone else out there who might like to see such an easy enhancement put in place . . . . . .. . . . . .
  3. Standard memberhAnimate
    mean & green
    .. here I am
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 05:501 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    okay, so this suggestion was completely ignored, but i just wanted to raise it up one more time to check and see if there is anyone else out there who might like to see such an easy enhancement put in place . . . . . .. . . . . .
    It sounds a lot less complicated than my idea... Thread 73368
    Anything to differentiate between unrated and rated would be great
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 05:58
    THANK YOU! i agree, ANY differences that call attention to the unrated or consult status would be an improvement
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 16:28
    This isn't a bad idea.

A really flexible way of doing this would be to enable you to simply add any user-defined tag to the game. This could be "Queen's Gambit" or anything.

Then you could simply filter on any of those tags. Plus you would be able to have multiple tags on each game.
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 18:19
    yep, good point!
  7. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 10:43
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    This isn't a bad idea.

A really flexible way of doing this would be to enable you to simply add any user-defined tag to the game. This could be "Queen's Gambit" or anything.

Then you could simply filter on any of those tags. Plus you would be able to have multiple tags on each game.
    Alternatively:

1) Allow games to be sorted on the game name (minimal UI change)

AND

2)Allow the game name to be editied / changed at any time. Obviously this would require there to be two game names per game: one for each player (likely a non-trival change). But why should the game name be fixed at one time by one player anyway? (or default from touney etc)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree