check mate?

check mate?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
14 Jun 08

I'm a beginner in chess and I have two games running, one of which I thought I had finished with check mate. Is it correct that it is still in progress? Since this refers to a specific ongoing game I realise that you may ignore the question.
Kind regards,
lolof

F

Moves
14 Jun 08

Originally posted by lolof
I'm a beginner in chess and I have two games running, one of which I thought I had finished with check mate. Is it correct that it is still in progress? Since this refers to a specific ongoing game I realise that you may ignore the question.
Kind regards,
lolof
The game you're referring to: It's not over 'til it's over. This is not over.

l

Moves
14 Jun 08

Thank you Fabian!

ss
higher me

lookin' at ya'

Moves
14 Jun 08

F

Moves
14 Jun 08
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
And now you helped his opponent... 😠

Moves
14 Jun 08

Please be careful people, you are not allowed to comment on games in progress for a reason.

l

Moves
14 Jun 08

I am sorry if I have made a mistake, I wasn't aware when asking the question that I addressed other players. I apologize. /lolof

l

Moves
14 Jun 08

What do you mean by that?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 Jun 08

Originally posted by lolof
What do you mean by that?
You need to use 'reply and quote' so we know who you're asking a question of.

P-

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
14 Jun 08
1 edit

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
14 Jun 08

I don't think that telling a new player that the site is working correctly and the game isn't over yet is helping in any kind of way that is inappropriate. The forum moderation seems a little too over cautious to me. It's not a big deal.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Jun 08

Originally posted by coquette
I don't think that telling a new player that the site is working correctly and the game isn't over yet is helping in any kind of way that is inappropriate. The forum moderation seems a little too over cautious to me. It's not a big deal.
Miss this? "The post that was quoted here has been removed"

D

F

Moves
14 Jun 08

Let's have this discussion a little bit later, if we don't mind.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
14 Jun 08

I don't think that telling a new player that the site is working correctly and the game isn't over yet is helping...
Perhaps it was this game Game 5085556, now completed. If black was unaware of en passant, then he might assume the game was over at this point (which may be what happened). Of course none of us would blurt out, "Hey buddy, capture that pawn en passant" while the game was going on. But to state the game is not over also gives a hint to black. He looks at the rules or FAQ, finds en passant and the game continues due to our interference. I think that is helping black and hurting white.

i

Moves
14 Jun 08

all i can say is-
check yourself before you wreck yourself 😉