1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 16:554 edits
    Since my main interest is OTB improvement I think that the blindfold chess feature would be terrific (making moves still possible but on a seemingly empty board). This is done on some other CC sites but who cares, I like this site the best. 😛

I think that would be fantastic addition to this already beautiful side which would help to improve visualisation/calculation abilities of many OTB oriented players.

I am not an expert in programming but I suspect that this feature might not be too difficult to do.

Rated or unrated, I really do not care.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 17:51
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Since my main interest is OTB improvement I think that the blindfold chess feature would be terrific (making moves still possible but on a seemingly empty board). This is done on some other CC sites but who cares, I like this site the best. 😛

I think that would be fantastic addition to this already beautiful side which would help to improve visualisatio ...[text shortened]... that this feature might not be too difficult to do.

Firefox and greasemonkey plus Oroborus RHP scripts give this feature.

Other than that, perhaps... though it is hard to keep people honest if they want to glance at FEN positions and tell you they didn't.

P-
  3. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 18:44
    So that already exists as a firefox extension ?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 19:231 edit
    So that already exists as a firefox extension ?
    Yes, requires greasemonkey and RHP scripts created by oroboris.

You can find a link to the scripts by finding Ragnorak posting, he's tiny urled a link in his forum location.

I believe Winboard has an option of hiding pieces also. Anyone could paste a pgn and be able to play blind.

P-
  5. The sky
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 20:28

I think that would be fantastic addition to this already beautiful side which would help to improve visualisatio ...[text shortened]... that this feature might not be too difficult to do.

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=98810&page=5#post_1854193 😛
  6. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=98810&page=5#post_1854193 😛
    Oh, thanks to both of you ! Nordlys, when in comes to knowing all the RHP (TFC) secrets you are like the living encyclopedia !

EDIT : eh, I thought you gave me the link to the scripts 😠
  7. The sky
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 21:44
    Oh, thanks to both of you ! Nordlys, when in comes to knowing all the RHP (TFC) secrets you are like the living encyclopedia !

EDIT : eh, I thought you gave me the link to the scripts 😠
    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
  8. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 08:25
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
    Woooou ! 😲

Thanks 🙂
  9. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 09:19
    If using Firefox, just right-click on any image file on this website and choose 'block images from redhotpawn.com'. You're able to see the board without pieces, the highlighted squares for your opponent's last move, but nothing more than that. It's possible to undo this "see-no-images" via right-click on a page -> see page info -> permissions -> load pictures, allow.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 11:04

what would stop the other player from using a board to visualize the next move?
    I think this would be more relevant in live chess, not correspondence chess
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 12:49
    Blindfold chess sounds hard enough, but blinfold correspondance chess!!??

Ivan, good luck champ, you will need the memory of an elephant for this.
  12. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 20:52
    Originally posted by TheGambit
    Blindfold chess sounds hard enough, but blinfold correspondance chess!!??

Ivan, good luck champ, you will need the memory of an elephant for this.
    I have quite good memory but I lack some serious visualisation. You are right, too difficult for me at the moment. 🙁
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Sep '08 13:38
    I have quite good memory but I lack some serious visualisation. You are right, too difficult for me at the moment. 🙁
    You are allowed to look at the PGN in text form, right?

I can do well for 10 or 15 moves... after that I am done.

P-
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 22:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You are allowed to look at the PGN in text form, right?

I can do well for 10 or 15 moves... after that I am done.

P-
    WOW, IMPRESSIVE ! Good Job

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree