1. Joined
    21 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 18:442 edits
    Is player URMated a chess bot created by the admin to play Blitz games and accept challenges?

I'm not suggesting this based on the style of their play, but often URMated accepts my games, and says strange, irrelavent things, and often disappears offline half way through a game.

It's like the behaviour is robotic, he suggested I should resign immediately simply for playing a Queen pawn opening!

I'm sure he's a droid, but his opening book isn't very good, it's almost like he's powered by the 1990 Battlechess engine.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 20:46
    Originally posted by TruRook
    Is player URMated a chess bot created by the admin to play Blitz games and accept challenges?

I'm not suggesting this based on the style of their play, but often URMated accepts my games, and says strange, irrelavent things, and often disappears offline half way through a game.

It's like the behaviour is robotic, he suggested I should resign immediatel ...[text shortened]... ening book isn't very good, it's almost like he's powered by the 1990 Battlechess engine.
    Just tell him to shut up and kick his butt
  3. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 22:21
    How is this not an accusation ? Don't get me wrong... I love a good accusation... heck I even love a bad one. J'accuse.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 10:34
    He's not a bot, I've played with him a lot and chatted to him a lot, he's just a really good player and quite a nice guy.
  5. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 10:43
    Originally posted by TruRook

It's like the behaviour is robotic, he suggested I should resign immediatel ...[text shortened]... ening book isn't very good, it's almost like he's powered by the 1990 Battlechess engine.
    If URMated were a chess bot, created by the admins to play in the blitz room:

- it would not say strange, irrelevant things (or anything at all)
    - it would not disappear halfway a game
    - it would not suggest you to resign

So I don't think he/she is a bot. ;-)
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 11:17
    Originally posted by VelvetEars
    He...and quite a nice guy.
    I'm not so sure about that. He can be quite obnoxious at times, in game. Maybe some people call this gamesmenship, but others call it rude.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree