1. Seattle
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 15:24
    Send me a 3/7 challenge and I would be happy to play as either white or black, i play it with some decent success on this site and a few more in OTB.
  2. Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 16:25
    Don't worry about him I can beat him with my eyes closed
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 19:23
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Yeah, I gave up on it after a few tries.
    It invites white to overstretch with various different pawn-pushes. I found the counter-attacking nature of the opening rather too passive for me, though I understand the basic logic behind the Alekhine Defence.

This is the [b]4-pawns attack
    which makes me sweat just thinking about it from black's pers ...[text shortened]... d get beaten up. This defence is a clear case of love it or hate it from both points of view![/b]
    After 5...dxe5 6.fxe5 Nc6 I generally don't mind playing as black there - most players have a tough time really taking advantage of the space at lower levels.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 19:24
    Originally posted by Restless Soul
    Alkhine used to be my main line of defence as black, but I put it to the side to learn new openings. The four pawns attack is actually what the Alkhine's defence is all about, letting white build up a center then undermining it. True, black has to be carefull not to swarmed, but four pawns attack offers black good chances, and is not a serious threat ...[text shortened]... lkhine's defence..i.e. 1. e4 Nf6 2.e5 Nd5 3.d4 d6 4.Nf3..however still a very playable opening
    Yeah, that's supposedly the tougher line, after Bg4 it seems a lot of white players get confused and sometimes forget to protect the d pawn which I've seen drop a couple of times when I've played the black side of the Alekhine.
  5. Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 23:29
    No really he attends the same chess club as me and I can beat him with my eyes close when he plays knight out it is not that good of an opening.
  6. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 01:003 edits
    Originally posted by Restless Soul
    Alkhine used to be my main line of defence as black, but I put it to the side to learn new openings. The four pawns attack is actually what the Alkhine's defence is all about, letting white build up a center then undermining it. True, black has to be carefull not to swarmed, but four pawns attack offers black good chances, and is not a serious threat ...[text shortened]... lkhine's defence..i.e. 1. e4 Nf6 2.e5 Nd5 3.d4 d6 4.Nf3..however still a very playable opening
    During the coarse of the game, if white uses the four pawns attack and messes up, or if you play really well, you can do stuff like get your knights on weak squares such as e4. 😀
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 01:15
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    During the coarse of the game, if white uses the four pawns attack and messes up, or if you play really well, you can do stuff like get your knights on weak squares such as e4. 😀
    Really, the Four Pawns Attack probably isn't white's best try - the Nf3 variation seems better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree