1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 13:59
    What is the name of this sicilian. It looks it is not so often played by better players? And what should be black plan on this line. It seems black more often liberates e6 to put bishop on e7 rather then fianchettoing it on g7?

It is really often played in blitz chess as replay to Sicilian defense, and I find it annoying and difficult do develop plan as black.
  2. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 14:09
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    What is the name of this sicilian. It looks it is not so often played by better players? And what should be black plan on this line. It seems black more often liberates e6 to put bishop on e7 rather then fianchettoing it on g7?

It is really often played in blitz chess as replay to Sicilian defense, and I find it annoying and difficult do develop plan as black.
    I'm no expert but to my eyes ...

Bc4 is exposed to a q-side expansion with ... a6 and ... b5.

as a general set-up:-
    ...e6 looks better than ... g6 because it blocks the line of the bishop.

I'm sure there's a reason it's not played much at higher levels. At best White can hope for a transposition to a sozin attack type set-up but in general i suspect Black should be able to take advantage of a premature development to c4

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree