1. Joined
    03 Aug '10
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 16:17
    i played chess for about 3 months before i entered my first tournament. months later i played in a couple more so ive reached a p1525 rating but until now, have played very little.

this tournament is where i plan to make my return to tournament play.

is anyone else going to be there and if so would you like to help each other prepare?

or even if youre not would you help me prepare?

and also, since im provisional would i have to play in the unrated section or could i play in the 1400-1599 bracket
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 16:39
    Originally posted by airborne143rd
    i played chess for about 3 months before i entered my first tournament. months later i played in a couple more so ive reached a p1525 rating but until now, have played very little.

this tournament is where i plan to make my return to tournament play.

is anyone else going to be there and if so would you like to help each other prepare?

or ev ...[text shortened]... provisional would i have to play in the unrated section or could i play in the 1400-1599 bracket
    From Chess Life:

Ratings based on 4-25 games are called "provisional ratings" to indicate they are less reliable than established ratings. However, such ratings are valid for prize and pairing purposes at all USCF-rated events, unless otherwise stated.

You wouldn't be allowed in the Unrated. The rules for the tournament allow you to play one class up, but I wouldn't recommend it. Play in the Class C.
  3. Joined
    03 Aug '10
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 16:47
    great! thats what i was hoping for. i think i have a great shot at the prize in the C class.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree