1. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 04:00
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Yeah, I agree that the diagrams are easy to read, and the book has probably a higher-than-normal number of problems that don't give away the theme. But it just galls me a bit that after three subsequent editions, either Woolum or his publisher has never seen the need to correct all of the mistakes in the book. I interpret that as an indication that at least ...[text shortened]... actics book, although it's easier than either Woolum or Coakley's books.
    I agree with everything you said about the Woolum book. A totally "corrected" edition would be nice, but I guess we shouldn't hold our breath, since they've already had four tries to get it right.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 04:03
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Yeah, I agree that the diagrams are easy to read, and the book has probably a higher-than-normal number of problems that don't give away the theme. But it just galls me a bit that after three subsequent editions, either Woolum or his publisher has never seen the need to correct all of the mistakes in the book. I interpret that as an indication that at least ...[text shortened]... actics book, although it's easier than either Woolum or Coakley's books.
    I agree with everything that you said about the Woolum book. A "corrected" edition would be nice, but I guess we shouldn't hold our breath since they've already had four chances to do it right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree