1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    19 May '13 13:07
    I am friends with Adam Raoff on facebook, who is one of the arbiters from the London chess classic and the recent Candidates tournament. He posted this game played by 7 year old called Haolin Zhao against a 70 year old player only named as Bynnersley. I think you'll agree, this kid has got SKILLS!! 😲😲😲

2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 17:05
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I am friends with Adam Raoff on facebook, who is one of the arbiters from the London chess classic and the recent Candidates tournament. He posted this game played by 7 year old called Haolin Zhao against a 70 year old player only named as Bynnersley. I think you'll agree, this kid has got SKILLS!! 😲😲😲

[pgn]1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 ...[text shortened]... 3 25. cxb3 Qa6 26. h6 g6 27. Qb2 e5 28. Nf4 Kxh7 29. Nf5 exf4 30. Qg7+ Nxg7 31. hxg7+ 1-0[/pgn]
    That is astounding, that a 7 yo would know the opening so well besides the hooker at the end!
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 May '13 19:47
    Now I feel better that my only win in the Rhyl Congress was against a 7 year old 🙂.

Codgers 1 - 1 Whippersnappers
  4. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    19 May '13 21:38
    Thanks for that one! Looked like a Fischer attack didn't it?
  5. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    19 May '13 23:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That is astounding, that a 7 yo would know the opening so well besides the hooker at the end!
    Never trust a 7 year old with a hooker.
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    20 May '13 06:57
    Originally posted by Exuma
    Thanks for that one! Looked like a Fischer attack didn't it?
    Doesn't that involve Bc4 at some stage? Not sure myself as i don't play e4 or the sicilian. I think this illustrates a little theory of mine quite well.. If you are playing someone who should beat you (whether that be by rating or experience or whatever..) go for an opening with opposite side castling. White started with an extra tempo and ended with one still in tact! 😀
  7. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:20
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Doesn't that involve Bc4 at some stage? Not sure myself as i don't play e4 or the sicilian. I think this illustrates a little theory of mine quite well.. If you are playing someone who should beat you (whether that be by rating or experience or whatever..) go for an opening with opposite side castling. White started with an extra tempo and ended with one still in tact! 😀
    Yeah I guess he did tend to play the f1 bishop to c4 even when the bc1 went to e3 first. Yugoslav with the white pawns on e4, f3, g4 is what triggered the memory. Fischer - "Pry open the kings rook file, sac, sac, mate" or something close to that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree