1. Joined
    01 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 22:36
    Look at that game a little closer.He resigns after losing his queen after making a blunder,probably from moving too fast.I dont think we can infer anything about his level of skill from that game.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 05:23
    At this rate he/she'll be at 3500 in a couple of months. A real 2100 player wouldn't get there by playing 1300, 1500 or 1700 players. At a minimum they'd start at 200 points under their rating and work up from there. Nice catch to whoever spotted it.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by hamltnblue
    At this rate he/she'll be at 3500 in a couple of months. A real 2100 player wouldn't get there by playing 1300, 1500 or 1700 players. At a minimum they'd start at 200 points under their rating and work up from there. Nice catch to whoever spotted it.
    How many times does it have to be pointed out that this is illogical? You can't reach a rating and stay there unless you really are that good. If he is really weaker than 2100 then he would lose to people with a lesser rating more often thus bringing his rating down.

Edit: not to mention that he would stop gaining points from weaker opposition after he achieved a high enough rating. Besides, if he is so much better than your 1700-1800 player to almost always beat them doesn't that make him pretty strong?
  4. Jerusalem
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 09:40
    Originally posted by adramforall
    On site around a month.

Very fast player, nearly 5,000 moves this month.

Zooming up the rankings, now ranked 76.

User 458514

One for the future.
    Waldron banned, but may be Hum will become the best player here. He is a very strong player
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 10:11
    Originally posted by elady
    Waldron banned, but may be Hum will become the best player here. He is a very strong player
    Hum's profile:

"My name is Zahid Ansari, a medical and an academic doctor, settled in Melbourne, Australia. Got most postgraduate education in the USA. Love cricket and chess. Never played competitive chess. However, hardly remember losing games in friendly chess. Like to attack, prefer gambits, and go all out for a win rather than a draw."

Maybe he should consider playing competitive chess, as he is clearly very talented. He beat Fritz (in the form of banned player sfc1602) in this game: Game 5431197.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 10:36
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Hum's profile:

"My name is Zahid Ansari, a medical and an academic doctor, settled in Melbourne, Australia. Got most postgraduate education in the USA. Love cricket and chess. Never played competitive chess. However, hardly remember losing games in friendly chess. Like to attack, prefer gambits, and go all out for a win rather than a draw."

Maybe he s ...[text shortened]... orm of banned player sfc1602) in this game: Game 5431197.
    1602 was banned for engine use
    Do we know with absolute certainty that sfc1602 was banned for engine use? If we do, then do we know with absolute certainty the engine used was Fritz?

NB: I am not saying there is or is not anything suspicious or not suspicious about any player mentioned in this thread. I am not making any accusations or denials.
  7. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 10:40
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Do we know with absolute certainty that sfc1602 was banned for engine use? If we do, then do we know with absolute certainty the engine used was Fritz?

NB: I am not saying there is or is not anything suspicious or not suspicious about any player mentioned in this thread. I am not making any accusations or denials.
    Not sure which engine sfc1602 used but I have no doubt that he was engine user - look at his earlies games played in obvious patzer level.
  8. Jerusalem
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 10:41
    Hum's profile:

Maybe he s ...[text shortened]... ented. He beat Fritz (in the form of banned player sfc1602) in this game: Game 5431197.
    I also read this profile - amazing!!
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 13:13
    Hum's profile:

Maybe he s ...[text shortened]... ented. He beat Fritz (in the form of banned player sfc1602) in this game: Game 5431197.
    If white was using Fritz in this game he should ask for his money back!
    This game looks to me like a 1900-player losing to a 2200-player -nothing else.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by streetfighter
    [b]If white was using Fritz in this game he should ask for his money back!
    This game looks to me like a 1900-player losing to a 2200-player -n
    please people your search is over, i will become the new number one player, i have increased 400 points since December last year, so that next year i will be 1800, then next year 2200, then next year 2600 and numero uno! first i am coming to get greenpawn for old times sake, then streetfighter just because hes there and it will be pleasurable breaking his fighting spirit, penultimately Jacobo Aggard cause he lives near my house and he will be easy meat after a few whiskeys and then finally Jonathan Rowson because he insulted the illustrious Alexander Bagiev and refused to offer up incense to his image claiming his teachings were contradictory and confusing, after that i plan to retire from the world of chess and join an infamous cult and give all my money away - regards robbie.
  11. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 14:35
    Originally posted by streetfighter
    If white was using Fritz in this game he should ask for his money back!
    This game looks to me like a 1900-player losing to a 2200-player -nothing else.
    At the time the loser of that game (Game 5431197) was just over 2300.

There were some really interesting moves from both sides. I liked 13. ... b5 - Looks like a sacrifice but Black gets his pawn back. I was less enamoured with 20. Ra3 - what was that about? White's weak b-pawn seems to be what cost him the game in the end.
  12. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 22:34
    At the time the loser of that game (Game 5431197) was just over 2300.

There were some really interesting moves from both sides. I liked 13. ... b5 - Looks like a sacrifice but Black gets his pawn back. I was less enamoured with 20. Ra3 - what was that about? White's weak b-pawn seems to be what cost him the game in the end.
    So archived games show current ratings? Didn't know that. He certainly didn't play like a 2300+ player. Especially as Fat Lady points out move 20.Ra3? Horrible!

13...b5, as a pawn sac, is a fairly standard move in many Dragon lines - it proved very effective in this instance.
  13. Joined
    02 Oct '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 20:39
    A potential number one is "Mavax".
    Very, very strong player.
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 21:06
    Originally posted by venci
    A potential number one is "Mavax".
    Very, very strong player.
    He hasn't beaten anyone over 1800 rating yet - time will tell eh!
  15. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 17:55
    did you read the chessbase post about that unrated player that was winning all his games as white and loosing all his games as black in the Olympiad, getting a rating performance of 2300+...and he was in his 50s....unrated player...unbelievable....has a win against a GM!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree