A surprising win

A surprising win

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
01 Feb 07
3 edits

This is the game I just won against a RHP buddy. I was planning to resign ater 12...Nc6 but I was extremely lucky my opponent blundered.
Game 3097473

Any suggestions or criticizm from experienced players?

edit: I think best move of the game is 17.g4! (The threat is stronger than the execution 😀 )

g

Kalamazoo, MI

Moves
01 Feb 07

Well, you play 1) b3 which I like. After that the game is kind of a train wreck. Good finish however. I'm guessing by some of the moves made that this was one of those 'rapid' correspondence games 🙂

G

Moves
01 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by giantrobot
Well, you play 1) b3 which I like. After that the game is kind of a train wreck. Good finish however. I'm guessing by some of the moves made that this was one of those 'rapid' correspondence games 🙂
One of my rapidest CC game so far. However, I spent a lot of time thinking how could I save the game after I bundered 11.0-0-0??, I never understood why he played 14...b6??

JB

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
One of my rapidest CC game so far. However, I spent a lot of time thinking how could I save the game after I bundered 11.0-0-0??, I never understood why he played 14...b6??
ill tell u straight off why he did it.....its because he was going to move the knight to a5 then b3 if he could get away with it...looking back at it he was being extreamly stupid and should have thought about it more, but as i recall that move was made at 5am (not that thats any excuse really). 😛 hope that helps lol.

i'll be watching to see if anyone has any comments aout the game as well if this thread progresses.
you up for a rematch by the way Gino?

G

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by Joshua B
ill tell u straight off why he did it.....its because he was going to move the knight to a5 then b3 if he could get away with it...looking back at it he was being extreamly stupid and should have thought about it more, but as i recall that move was made at 5am (not that thats any excuse really). 😛 hope that helps lol.

i'll be watching to see if ...[text shortened]... omments aout the game as well if this thread progresses.
you up for a rematch by the way Gino?
sure