1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 13:22
    For those waiting for a united Over the Board world champion under one accepted organization...don't hold your breath! Three very dysfunctional but powerful groups are standing in the way of this.

1. Corporate sponsers seeking to profit from the game

2. The top 20-30 players (with very large ego's) seeking to secure there place in the history of the game

3. Chess organizers who are very concerned with keeping there place of power within the organization.

Trying to get these three groups to agree on anything, chess related, would be much like attempting to train 100 mice to march in single file. It's just not going to happen! I think world chess organizations such as the FIDE will become like boxing in America, ie: several organizations, each with there own champion, all manuvering for credibility. 😏
  2. Joined
    12 Dec '09
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 13:42
    Other than Anand, who would you say is recognised as world champion by any organisation that isn't viewed as ridiculous by the chess world as a whole?
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 14:00
    there's only one officially recognized world chess federation, federation internationale des eschecs. regardless of what a small group of people like to think, that means there is only one organization with the mandate to grant the title of world champion in chess. there can't be another world champion, no matter how I might disagree with the way the championship is decided.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 14:33
    Originally posted by wormwood
    there's only one officially recognized world chess federation, federation internationale des eschecs. regardless of what a small group of people like to think, that means there is only one organization with the mandate to grant the title of world champion in chess. there can't be another world champion, no matter how I might disagree with the way the championship is decided.
    This may be true now, but I doubt the FIDE will ever be the truly united organization that it once was. Too many of the top players have expressed there dislike of it. This has diminished the FIDE's credibility. 😏
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 14:49
    Originally posted by bill718
    This may be true now, but I doubt the FIDE will ever be the truly united organization that it once was. Too many of the top players have expressed there dislike of it. This has diminished the FIDE's credibility. 😏
    credibility doesn't really matter, nor does dislike, because it's a question of having the mandate. rather than fighting windmills, the spoiled primadonnas should get inside the system and change it that way. they're just wasting time grinding teeth and mumbling about it outside the federation, because it simply doesn't change anything.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '09 17:54
    Originally posted by bill718
    For those waiting for a united Over the Board world champion under one accepted organization...don't hold your breath!
    Sorry but you realize the days of 2 world champions are over right? The Kramnik-Topalov match? Kramnik won?

Are there any top players playing for any other organization now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree