Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    31 Aug '18 03:41
    Sorry if I haven't made myself clear.. this is what I mean [Event "Playing on Chess Time"]
    [Site "ChessTime"]
    [Date "2018.08.20"]
    [Round "1"]
    [White "Ian Morley"]
    [Black "Decisions"]
    [Result "1/2-1/2"]

i pressed the box to upload a pgn , and you see how the data isn't on one line here, its on a separate line for each title, well that doesn't work when uploading hence all the error messages in 64 squares of pains ' forum. I worked out through trial and error it had to be on one line like so
    [Event "Playing on Chess Tim[Site "ChessTime"[Date "2018.08.20"[Round "1"[White "Ian Morley"][Black "Decisions"][Result "1/2-1/2"]

does that make sense ??? mainly for Zak who thinks after 5 or 6 times i wouldn't get the picture, but its actually trying to find the error after the posting codes were actually correct
  2. Subscriber 64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    31 Aug '18 17:11
    So you want to turn this:

[Event "Playing on Chess Time"]
    [Site "ChessTime"]
    [Date "2018.08.20"]
    [Round "1"]
    [White "Ian Morley"]
    [Black "Decisions"]
    [Result "1/2-1/2"]

Into this:

[Event "Playing on Chess Time"] [Site "ChessTime"] [Date "2018.08.20"] [Round "1"] [White "Ian Morley"] [Black "Decisions"] [Result "1/2-1/2"]

Then place in all the moves to complete the pgn.
    i'll make some up:

[Event "Playing on Chess Time"] [Site "ChessTime"] [Date "2018.08.20"] [Round "1"] [White "Ian Morley"] [Black "Decisions"] [Result "1/2-1/2"] 1.e4 e6 {another bloody french defense} 2.d4 d5 3.e5 c5 3.c3 Nc6

Place the above within the pgn command brackets which [look] like [/this]
    and you should get the following:

And Bob is your Uncle... of course I checked the "Preview before post" box before I shared this.

Cheers,
    Zak

p.s. looks like you've killed my thread again, I can't make a reply 🙂
  3. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    01 Sep '18 19:16
    yes I put all the moves in as well, and I used the preview button as well.
  4. 01 Sep '18 20:07
    Hey mate I don't know what's up but if you could stop killing threads with buggy replies it'd be great
  5. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    01 Sep '18 22:43
    hey buddy !
  6. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    01 Sep '18 22:43
    no bugs here im afraid !
  7. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    01 Sep '18 22:45
    just start a new thread , but cc the thread in continued...….. out of my hands all I've done is reply like this and then it comes up with error