1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 13:24
    I wanna month of break because I play a bunch of useless quickies, do not look what I am playing, lose to players that should be 500 points below me, post useless junk..

I have a lot to do in real world and I want to prove my self I am not such junkie. This site is beautifull, but is on YOU if it will become an issue if you do not use it how you should...

In my case, I am here WAY too much..

Advices, how do I resist the temptation to log on to my beautifull beloved RHP ???

Oh, wait, wait, somebody just made a move !!!

EDIT : This is serious post. I think I am too addicted, I play too much games which wont help my game. I would like to be able to log on say 3 times a week and play some serious moves. Other days I would play one long real time game every day and I would learn from books.. I feel it would be much more benefitial for my chess..
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 13:27
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    I wanna month of break because I play a bunch of useless quickies, do not look what I am playing, lose to players that should be 500 points below me, post useless junk..

I have a lot to do in real world and I want to prove my self I am not such junkie. This site is beautifull, but is on YOU if it will become an issue if you do not use it how you should. ...[text shortened]... every day and I would learn from books.. I feel it would be much more benefitial for my chess..
    If you're more worried about improving your game (and not as much about spending too much time on the computer), consider substituting some of your time with http://chess.emrald.net/.
  3. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 13:31
    I did. I have over 5000 tries there. RHP is fantastic site but is up to me if I will exploit his plusses in right way or just play tons of useless games that looks like trash...

When I come back I would like to control my game load more succesfully but I do not know how since I am always dragged in way too much games...
  4. Standard memberagentreno
    Addicted
    Newcastle
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 13:31
    The answer is willpower. Also you may not have enough variety in your leisure activities. You already know (as you said in your post) what your objective is: logging on 3 times a week. So set when that will be and only go on then. Consider using your free time for other things so you won't be tempted to devote too much time to chess when you are bored.

I've recently started doing more exercise and reading a book to fill up time which has improved my chess dramatically.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree