1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 20:57
    In game Game 2214230 i had the possibility to exchange Queens on move 15 pawn takes bishop, playing black. Can someone advise me if that would have been a good idea. I have just started playing and am not sure about tactics etc.

Can anyone see any other stupid moves in this game by me.

I appreciate any help and time somone gives to take a look.
  2. washington
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 21:12
    at the beginning of the game you want to develope your kingside pieces so you can castle. dont bother with relentless pawn moves. develope your pieces get the king to safety then go for attacks
  3. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 21:431 edit
    Originally posted by Guzzler
    In game Game 2214230 i had the possibility to exchange Queens on move 15 pawn takes bishop, playing black. Can someone advise me if that would have been a good idea. I have just started playing and am not sure about tactics etc.

ok if you're up a knight you don't have to start a wild attack and just cause you can check doesn't mean you should.

8.c4 and you've practically won.
    9. you're up a knight don't worry about the pawn develop and castle
    12.Qd4? no reason for this move better is 12.Nc3
    and by now you are losing

EDIT: hold on you were BLACK????
    if you want to fianchetto your bishops develop your nights to d7 and/or e7 and develop your bishops first.
    5.Na5?? nuff said

everything else just thank your opponent for leaving his king in the middle and trading off his attack
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 21:54
    Yes, you should have played 15...dxc4 rather than 15...Bg2. Not because it exchanged queens, but because the move you played lost a piece. You were lucky that White walked into a checkmate a few moves later.
  5. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 22:19
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Yes, you should have played 15...dxc4 rather than 15...Bg2. Not because it exchanged queens, but because the move you played lost a piece. You were lucky that White walked into a checkmate a few moves later.
    no it doesn't he was up an exchange not down a piece and exchanging queens gives white a chance to fight back
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 22:35
    Originally posted by aginis
    no it doesn't he was up an exchange not down a piece and exchanging queens gives white a chance to fight back
    What? If he's up a piece then how in the hell does exchanging pieces give white a chance to fight back. And in your annotations if white plays 8.c4 it looks like a waste of a tempo...
  7. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 08:021 edit
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    What? If he's up a piece then how in the hell does exchanging pieces give white a chance to fight back. And in your annotations if white plays 8.c4 it looks like a waste of a tempo...
    if he trades queens it develops the locked in queenside of white and then he has to force a win with a rook v a knight and his pawns are pretty weak might lose a couple, he should win but white has fighting chances. 8.c4 is for the purpose of 9.Nc3 and protecting the d5 pawn. Are you just looking for somewhere to criticize me cause you resent my being better than you?
  8. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 15:02
    But didn't black's actual move 15 just turn down a hung bishop? Or am I missing something?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 16:17
    Thanks for your comments but I think most of it has gone over my head. Can I challenge anybody, I don't mind getting slaughtered if I learn something.
  10. USA
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 19:48
    Originally posted by Guzzler

Well, in the opening I think you played to passively. You need to try and be aggressive and take contol of the center
  11. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '06 18:29
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    But didn't black's actual move 15 just turn down a hung bishop? Or am I missing something?
    black has a hanging bishop as well on a1 he moved it instead of taking the white bishop taking the white bishop ruins his center pawns and gives white more space, so i think he made the right choice.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 06:203 edits
    if he trades queens it develops the locked in queenside of white and then he has to force a win with a rook v a knight and his pawns are pretty weak might lose a couple, he should win but white has fighting chances. 8.c4 is for the purpose of 9.Nc3 and protecting the d5 pawn. Are you just looking for somewhere to criticize me cause you resent my being better than you?
    8.c4 still uses an extra tempo, perhaps moving to c4 instead of c3 right off the bat works though. Please enlighten me how trading queens developes the queenside. Because only somebody with your superior chess intellect could be able to teach me...

Are you just looking for somewhere to criticize me cause you resent my being better than you?

Edit 1:Buy a star and we'll talk about a challenge...

Edit 2:I criticized you, because what you said to Fat Lady was wrong. Fat lady's suggestion of 15...dxc4 is right.

Edit 3:sp.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 18:12
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Edit 2:I criticized you, because what you said to Fat Lady was wrong. Fat lady's suggestion of 15...dxc4 is right.
    On move 15, Black is just winning. Fritz 9 gives 15...Bf3! as best. 15...dxc4 is a weaker move (although still technically winning), because Black should not allow his good B to be traded for White's relatively passive N, and maintaining Pd5 means White has to lose tempo moving the Bishop away later.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 19:52
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    On move 15, Black is just winning. Fritz 9 gives 15...Bf3! as best. 15...dxc4 is a weaker move (although still technically winning), because Black should not allow his good B to be traded for White's relatively passive N, and maintaining Pd5 means White has to lose tempo moving the Bishop away later.
    Thanks, very true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree