1. St. Louis RAMS!!!!
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 20:212 edits
    Invalid FEN inserted - FEN 233827

how do you post a board of a game that is currently running

I want to post about 10 moves in the past of one of my games, but do not know how to operate the FEN...
  2. St. Louis RAMS!!!!
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 20:231 edit
  3. St. Louis RAMS!!!!
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 20:241 edit
    ?
  4. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 23:49
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Ruy Lopez. Giuoco Piano is not to my likeing, but it is a good opening. The Power Chess 98 Queen thinks the Giuoco Piano is the best opening?
    Hey, the POWER CHESS QUEEN ROCKED! She was so sexy! Those were the good old days!
  5. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 23:52
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    After these moves which do you prefer?

- Ruy Lopez
    - Giuoco Piano (Includes the Two Knights Defense)
    - Scotch Game
    - 4 Knights Opening
    - 3 Knights Opening
    - Other (please specify)
    Guioco Piano (Italian Game) or Scotch game. Ruy Lopez is not an opening for a player under 1700. People may say it is, but Lev Alburt says it isn't. He says that it's not a good idea to play the Ruy when it can become a closed position with the Knight tour of Nbd2 and then Nf1 and then Ng3. And, then... the knight sac on f5 is popular. But, most players under 1700 don't even understand the goal of the Ruy Lopez. I studied it a bit along with the knight sack on f5, but I still don't get it's perfectly. I'm under 1600+... and I still don't get it. But, maybe one day I will play it when I break A-class player strength.
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 00:33
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    All of these are inferior. I recommend...
    1.e4! e5? 2.f4!! and white has a considerable advantage.
    If this opening is so great then the Super GMs would be playing it. If the GM's would play it then Black would lose or learn how to beat it or at least how to control it to a degree.
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 00:55
    If the GM's would play it then Black would lose or learn how to beat it or at least how to control it to a degree.
    To quote Bobby Fischer, 3. d6!! (yea he put 2 exclamation pts next to it)
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 00:56
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Hey, the POWER CHESS QUEEN ROCKED! She was so sexy! Those were the good old days!
    They searched for a "perfect' woman's voice for the Queen. Do you remember when some women gave the USS Enterprise's computer a woman's voice?
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 01:02
    Do you remember when some women gave the USS Enterprise's computer a woman's voice?
    that was SO offtopic, but niiiiice.

and yea Ruy Lopez is full of thought, but a monkey could play the Piano.
  10. Joined
    10 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 13:381 edit
    Originally posted by coentje
    Halloween Gambit

1 e4 e5 2 Nf3 Nc6 3 Nc3 Nf6 4 Nxe5

absolutely love it 🙂
    Haha me too 😀

Sometimes after e4 e5 Nf3 Nc6 I go Nxe5, which is called the Chicago Gambit. Its a bit worse than the Muller Schulze Gambit (or, as you call it, the halloween gambit) but its still fun 🙂 For some reason these gambits are not well known, but in my opinion they are A LOT better than the infamous Danish Gambit, in which you also give up two pawns, but dont have as much attack...

I hate the ruy lopez... i don't know how you people can stand playing it game after game.
  11. Gothenburg City! xD
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 13:41
    I enyoy the Evans Gambit in the Italian and the line after: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. d4!? exd4 5. 0-0 Bc5 6. e5!?

So I prefer Bc4.

FixarN
  12. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 14:11
    Thought I`d stick my nose in here and make an ass of myself. Hope you don`t mind? It`s clear to see that I`m clueless regarding chess and it`s various terms. What the hell is a Ruy Lopez? What`s a piano doing in the game of chess? Perhaps this is why my ranking is in the low 1400`s. I gotta get me a book of sorts so I can chat with you guys. If anything, it`ll at least help me sound knowledgeable. .
  13. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 23:29
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    Thought I`d stick my nose in here and make an ass of myself. Hope you don`t mind? It`s clear to see that I`m clueless regarding chess and it`s various terms. What the hell is a Ruy Lopez? What`s a piano doing in the game of chess? Perhaps this is why my ranking is in the low 1400`s. I gotta get me a book of sorts so I can chat with you guys. If anything, it`ll at least help me sound knowledgeable. .
    Try a key word search such as "chess openings" and you may learn the moves too most of the chess openings.
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 23:55
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruy_Lopez
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuoco_Piano
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Knights_Defense
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Knights_Game
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_knights_game
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_Game
  15. Standard memberWiabj
    The Black Swan
    Oss
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 19:51
    Inferior A Marshall ?? Gues you are an expert on the Marshall 🙂) It are just the set up moves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree