1. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 23:55
    anyone have any advice for how to go about tackling multiple pages of games at a time.
    Ive seen some you guys have 50-100+ games going at a time. I just got into my 2nd page of games im in for the first time today and I must say its a little overwhelming sitting down to seeing 30 moves waiting for you.
    Any tricks for getting your mind ready to start thinking about 40 completely different games during one sitting?
  2. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 00:26
    try to play them all the same, and then at least all the positions will be sort of similar.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 00:29
    Originally posted by pawnfondler
    anyone have any advice for how to go about tackling multiple pages of games at a time.
    Ive seen some you guys have 50-100+ games going at a time. I just got into my 2nd page of games im in for the first time today and I must say its a little overwhelming sitting down to seeing 30 moves waiting for you.
    Any tricks for getting your mind ready to start thinking about 40 completely different games during one sitting?
    Don't take on multiple pages of games, concentrate on quality instead of quantity (like i've got room to talk 😛).
  4. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 00:49
    well im doing alright but im hitting a wall now. im approaching 1700 but i havent beat any 1700s and clans are putting me up against them now... hence the overwhelming feeling. im getting games against alot of better players and instead of instant moves its now like...................................................................................................nope.............................if i go and he goes......................nope...............................maybe...........sure.
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 00:54
    well im doing alright but im hitting a wall now. im approaching 1700 but i havent beat any 1700s and clans are putting me up against them now... hence the overwhelming feeling. im getting games against alot of better players and instead of instant moves its now like.......................................................................................... ...[text shortened]... f i go and he goes......................nope...............................maybe...........sure.
    I left the clan you're playing for because i got games even when i asked for them to stop.....here's a tip.

My settings > my clan settings, click the box that says available for clan challenges.

If there is no tick, they can't give you clan games.
  6. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 00:58
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I left the clan you're playing for because i got games even when i asked for them to stop.....here's a tip.

My settings > my clan settings, click the box that says available for clan challenges.

If there is no tick, they can't give you clan games.
    i c that. so thats why the forum in there up and died.
    Ya thats the start of my being overwhelmed logged on to 8 new clan games. im just gonna slow play em.
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:022 edits
    i c that. so thats why the forum in there up and died.
    Ya thats the start of my being overwhelmed logged on to 8 new clan games. im just gonna slow play em.
    I'm in another clan, and i can't have myself being overloaded with games by another one, even if i was enjoying the banter.

I don't have to turn off my availability in the other clan as the leader knows exactly how many games i need, and there was a few challenges with my name on it so i couldn't turn it off for that reason.

It was a pity, but what can you do.

edit. A word of warning mate. I see three 5+ man challenges pending in your clan, considering there is only 6 players available.....you do the math.
  8. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:07
    I'm in another clan, and i can't have myself being overloaded with games by another one, even if i was enjoying the banter.

I don't have to turn off my availability in the other clan as the leader knows exactly how many games i need, and there was a few challenges with my name on it so i couldn't turn it off for that reason.

It was a pity, but what can you do.
    ya for sure.
    well gotta stick to the one your committed to.
    Ill miss the good banter we had in that clan.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:08
    ya for sure.
    well gotta stick to the one your committed to.
    Ill miss the good banter we had in that clan.
    Read my edit.
  10. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 01:231 edit
    Read my edit.
    well........
    $#!t........
    thats what 6 games for me i presume.

yup.....there they are.
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 02:23
    Just pretend you are George Koltanowsky at a simul. 😕
  12. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 02:29
    My secret is making really bad moves

I am able to churn through several hundered games and rating points at the same time.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 03:04
    Split your games into 3 groups based on opponents ability/rating.

Split each of these into 3 more groups. One for openings, mid-game, and one for end games.

Work in one of the 9 groups at a time so your mind isn't chopping and changing. (Maybe when starting a chess session, you could work on the easier stuff first(like warm-ups), so your mind is at peak for the hard games.......

Just a suggestion.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 03:15
    Also it may be wise to plan ahead. If you would like one chess session per day, then set a time bank of 1 day with no time bank. If you would like one session per 3 days then set that. Whatever, but specify what you want so ALL your games can stay connected.......
  15. Joined
    20 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 14:52
    Get married, have kids, work all the hours that god sends to keep them in luxury then get a second job just for fun. That should sort the problem and ensure you haver no more worries about playing chess!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree