24 May '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 22:05
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=397078
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '03
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 22:39
    i respect that this site is banning players.

but isnt it a bit trigger happy lately?

just because someone is on one website and banned
    doesnt automaticallly make them a cheater on another.

oh well at least 1 thing for another. at least 1 less cheater!
  3. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 11:23
    Wow, i played in the same clan as him for a while and he was a genuinely nice and helpful clan mate, who knew alot about chess.

I'd be amazed if he was actually cheating.
  4. Standard membermisterrigel
    Dosadi Survivor
    Chicago
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 16:582 edits
    Originally posted by jonrothwell
    Wow, i played in the same clan as him for a while and he was a genuinely nice and helpful clan mate, who knew alot about chess.

There was no doubt that he was. Just because someone possesses a lot of knowledge about chess doesn't really make it any less likely that she'll use an engine to "supplement" her play in her games. I ran analyses on a few of his games myself and sent them in with a fair play ticket - and while I didn't run enough for the evidence to be conclusive (and you can rest assured the game mods did!) the ones I looked strongly indicated engine use.
  5. Standard membermisterrigel
    Dosadi Survivor
    Chicago
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 17:05
    Originally posted by SSJ4GogetaSSJ4
    Of course not, and if that had been the case Adrian Waldock would've been banned a year ago. I'm sure our mods do their own work with the games from this site, although I'm really not sure why you think it likely that someone would use an engine often enough to get discovered and banned on one correspondence chess website, and be concurrently playing without an engine on a different correspondence chess website.
  6. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 19:321 edit
    Alzheimer really was pretty blatant. Not shy with his engine at all & many of his games were near perfect according to my 3200 Elo engine.
    Try running Game 7326139, Game 7246813, Game 6567031, Game 6169573, Game 6287548 & Game 6234119 through an engine once out of book if you want to see virtuoso play.😉
    This genius also had a ton of games in progress, moving on a daily basis in most of them.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 20:21
    Originally posted by SSJ4GogetaSSJ4
    i respect that this site is banning players.

but isnt it a bit trigger happy lately?

oh well at least 1 thing for another. at least 1 less cheater!
    www.playtheimmortalgame.com

www.redhotpawn.com

www.chessatwork.com

are all the same site, just a different name.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 20:29
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    I'd forgotten all about him ............................
  9. Joined
    07 Sep '03
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 20:38
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    www.playtheimmortalgame.com

www.redhotpawn.com

www.chessatwork.com

are all the same site, just a different name.
    yes i know. i was just giving an example (probably fits in more for waldock)
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 07:24
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    User 397078
  11. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 12:19
    I'll have to take your word for it. Very disappointing. I cannot understand why people cheat at Redhotpawn and the like, what do they gain other than an unofficial, inflated and worthless(apart from on this site) rating??

Its pathetic.
  12. California
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 02:54

I have to agree with you to some extent. Alzheimer who was with us in AE was a genuinely nice and helpful clan mate. And he knew a lot about chess. Why he chose to use an engine is something he alone can answer.

There's an aura of uncertainty about Alzheimer when we created chessperados and the consesus was not to take him back in.

As Russ once told me, we will only ban a player if there's a 100% certainty that the player was an engine user. I respect the mods and Russ decision.

But I'll refuse to say good riddance as I did like him a lot. I'd say it's an unfortunate circumstance.
    bj21
  13. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 16:27
    I'll have to take your word for it. Very disappointing. I cannot understand why people cheat at Redhotpawn and the like, what do they gain other than an unofficial, inflated and worthless(apart from on this site) rating??

Its pathetic.
    some people cheat at chess, exams, even solitaire. they'd cheat at drinking coffee if they could. that's just something they do. something they are. no big mystery there.
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 16:33
    Originally posted by blackjack21
    But I'll refuse to say good riddance as I did like him a lot. I'd say it's an unfortunate circumstance.
    bj21
    seems like he wasn't as nice as you thought he was.

some people who act nice do it for a reason. despicable reasons. and some people who seem to be jerks are just blatantly honest. and some look rotten and actually are rotten.
  15. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 18:38
    What, they just cheat for cheatings sake? There are people who are, rude, insulting and dishonest in the very nature of their being? I've never met anyone like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree