An Idea for a Book Series

An Idea for a Book Series

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
28 May 18
1 edit

Silman's Endgame course teaches ideas by rating level. Ideas build on each other and I think this could be applied to other areas as well. I suppose one could make a middle game book but I was thinking opening.

Perhaps a series of books. 1.e4 for 1000's then for 1300s then 1600s then 1900's.

1.e4 opening for 1000's then a middle game based on 1.e4, followed by end games for 1000's.

One could write an entire series of books aimed at all levels. Instead of people buying books beyond their comprehending people could buy a series of books that grow as they grow.

This is way beyond my ability to write but liked the idea.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
28 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Silman's Endgame course teaches ideas by rating level. Ideas build on each other and I think this could be applied to other areas as well. I suppose one could make a middle game book but I was thinking opening.

Perhaps a series of books. 1.e4 for 1000's then for 1300s then 1600s then 1900's.

1.e4 opening for 1000's then a middle game based on 1.e4, fol ...[text shortened]... s of books that grow as they grow.

Very good idea! Though chess authors do this in a few selected areas, there's been no real organization to it, and large gaps remain in the areas of tactics, endgames, openings, traps for different levels of playing strength. It's always been frustrating to me that informants and other publications will follow a line of play for 5 - 10 moves, then give the advantage sign to one side without explaining WHY they have an advantage. Perhaps your idea with help to correct this.

E

Moves
28 May 18

Exactly.

Bringing ideas at the right time is what education is all about. Hand a 5th grader a calculus book is not generally a good idea if you are looking for growth.

HF

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @eladar
Silman's Endgame course teaches ideas by rating level. Ideas build on each other and I think this could be applied to other areas as well. I suppose one could make a middle game book but I was thinking to open.

1.e4 opening for 1000's then a middle game based s of books t ...[text shortened]... grow as they grow.

Great Idea!!!