1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Aug '12 21:04
    ... I enjoy this one everytime I see it.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 06:39
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    ... I enjoy this one everytime I see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ_7UZriJrw
    Thanks, it was a thriller! I couldn't see all the moves very clearly but listening to the comments and to see how fast the players made their decisions was fascinating.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 10:251 edit
    Originally posted by lolof
    Thanks, it was a thriller! I couldn't see all the moves very clearly but listening to the comments and to see how fast the players made their decisions was fascinating.
    This must have been around 1992. I wonder how much time was left on Henley's clock?
  4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 11:33
    Thanks! I enjoyed that.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 12:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This must have been around 1992. I wonder how much time was left on Henley's clock?
    Nov. 17, 1992
    The clocks have a 5 min dial on them meaning one revolution of the hand = 5 mins. Henley had just seconds left, if you look, his flag isn't down yet, but it was hanging.
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 12:06
    Do you have any more games to show, as good as that one?
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 12:10
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Thanks! I enjoyed that.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I found myself yelling, take the piece....your time!! 🙂
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 12:12
    I liked the commentary. It was brief ,explained the game pretty well, didn't distract or go too deep or technical.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 12:13
    Do you have any more games to show, as good as that one?
    I found that one by accident. If I do I'll be sure to share. 🙂
  10. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 12:15
    I liked the commentary. It was brief ,explained the game pretty well, didn't distract or go too deep or technical.
    I suppose they didn't have time to go too deep or technical - it was all so very fast!
    I liked it very much!
  11. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 12:16
    I found that one by accident. If I do I'll be sure to share. 🙂
    Thank you - it was even better than a movie! 🙂
  12. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 16:10
    I think it would have been totally pathetic for Polgar to have won on time when she clearly had a lost final position. That would not be a victory to crow about and have the game score framed to put on your wall or anything. This is my attitude towards the blitz games I play on RHP. If I lose on time but have a won position I still consider it a moral victory.
  13. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 20:02
    Great entertainment at the end. I still prefer The Master Game format with the players adding their own commentary. There's quite a few of those uploaded to YouTube. Here we have RHPs very own RJ Hinds playing the white pieces versus a Russian GM.

YouTube
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 09:341 edit
    Originally posted by homedepotov
    I think it would have been totally pathetic for Polgar to have won on time when she clearly had a lost final position. That would not be a victory to crow about and have the game score framed to put on your wall or anything. This is my attitude towards the blitz games I play on RHP. If I lose on time but have a won position I still consider it a moral victory.
    A win is a win. A loss is a loss. Maybe you have a better position because you took too much time. Just saying. A win by Polgar would have been excellent and a tribute to her ability to think chess and to move quickly. Anyway, I could not stand to take that much time the guy did in the opening. But it worked for him, barely.
  15. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 09:38
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Great entertainment at the end. I still prefer The Master Game format with the players adding their own commentary. There's quite a few of those uploaded to YouTube. Here we have RHPs very own RJ Hinds playing the white pieces versus a Russian GM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu3OG9qhvhM
    Huh? Joking about RJ.

Did you notice the comments.

"Gawd doesn't Tony Slattery look GORGEOUS?"

"Aww, young Tony is so adorable!"

No not really.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree