1. Montgomery
    Moves
    01 Sep '06 23:38
    I think I did pretty well on this game but I would like a second opinion. I know I made several mistakes in the game and if anyone would be so kind as to help point them out to me, and also tell me what i could do to improve. Thanks.

Game 2336175
  2. washington
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 01:08
    pretty good piece coordination. one of whites problems is he brought his queen out early. you didn't make many mistakes. good job
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 09:401 edit
    ***I only had a breif look, thus my analysis is only "first glance" ***

well, bringing the queen makes the game look a little like a scandinavian [B01], but as white....

Black should of been able to take adavantage of this by simply developing minor, then major peices.

7. White should of won here. instead of Nf3, f4! winning the pinned knight.

Bxf6 Qxf6 Qxf6 gxf6 -- this could of left black in slightly bad shape for the endgame.

Nd2?

Qxe7 Bxe7 0-0 looks better to me.

Rxh5?

I think a better try was Rd7, because (I think) White can force a draw.

Rd7 Rf2 (the only way i saw to defend mate) Rg7+ Kh8 [Kf8 Rh7 Kh8] Rd7 Rg3 Rc8+ Rg8 Rc7 -- I'm not sure if this works, but its worth checking out.

in conclusion, White had the better opening (suprisingly) but black played better in the middle and endgame -- i didn't find many obvoius faults with blacks play, except in the opening.
  4. Montgomery
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 13:36
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    ***I only had a breif look, thus my analysis is only "first glance" ***

well, bringing the queen makes the game look a little like a scandinavian [B01], but as white....

Black should of been able to take adavantage of this by simply developing minor, then major peices.

7. White should of won here. instead of Nf3, f4! winning the pinned knight ...[text shortened]... le and endgame -- i didn't find many obvoius faults with blacks play, except in the opening.
    What could I have done to improve the opening?
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 13:53
    Originally posted by strokem1
    What could I have done to improve the opening?
    4. d5

personally, I really don't like the look of it, to me, it just seems to lose a valueable central pawn, and a tempo moving the Knight.

4. Bb4+ c3 Ba5 - looks ok.

or maybe even something a lot simpler, like g6 or Be7

6. Bd6??

this allows f4! - which pins and wins the e5 Knight.

- the only defence - is Qe7, which hinders your own development, but won't lose you a piece.

13. g5

You should allways be VERY careful when advancing the kings pawns, they tend to leave his majesty feeling a little vunerable
  6. Montgomery
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 14:02
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    4. d5

personally, I really don't like the look of it, to me, it just seems to lose a valueable central pawn, and a tempo moving the Knight.

4. Bb4+ c3 Ba5 - looks ok.

or maybe even something a lot simpler, like g6 or Be7

6. Bd6??

this allows f4! - which pins and wins the e5 Knight.

- the only defence - is Qe7, which hinders your own d ...[text shortened]... eful when advancing the kings pawns, they tend to leave his majesty feeling a little vunerable
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try to be more careful in the future. 😀
  7. Joined
    13 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '06 19:01
    I agree with Shinidoki, f4 at move 7 gives white a winning position.

After that black should have played Nxd5 at move 15 which gives black a winning position.

After that whites Kf3 is a very poor move gifting the game to black. Only looked thru for 5 mins hope this helps
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 01:411 edit
    48. Rg5+ wouldve drawn for white due to the threat of rook mate on black

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree