1. e4
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 00:21
    By chance I found a game played on RHP 2010 that matched the first 22 moves
    a GM game played in 1969. (it's in the 1969 Informator.)

The Black RHP player deviated first on move 22 and was mated three moves later.

It is the only game I can find anywhere with this line.
    (It's going on the next blog, I'm still looking at it. I'm not quite agreeing
    with a !! note given in Informator. I think at best it ends in a perpetual)

I was wondering if any of you guys had a game on here that followed
    a known GM game for longer than 22 moves.
  2. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 00:502 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

...[text shortened]... any of you guys had a game on here that followed
    Here is my first long "theoretical" game that I can remember:

Chizza was rated highly at the time and had even mentioned a simul win over Judit Polgar! Admittedly, there is not much to the game, but considering how confusing my opening book is, I consider it a moral victory. (The book includes chapters, sections,sequels, and other names instead of just letters and numbers!) The game follows 17 moves, and then 2 more after transposing moves 18 and 19 (19 moves of theory). The game is Leisebein-Gutman Correspondence 1999 in the book 4. ... Qh4 in the Scotch Game by Gutman.

I can trump this with a more recent game however ...

The next game follows 28 moves of theory, all the way to where the two GM's agreed to a draw. The game is Ljubojevic-Petrosian, Milan 1975.

On move 29, my opponent offered a draw. I told him that I really thought it was very drawish but wanted to make a few (more) moves before abandoning it. (He was rated a little less, and I thought I should at least play a little chess.)Two moves later, he played Nd5 and dropped a pawn.

3. e4
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 01:42
    Hi Paul

Cheers. Usually the games on the1400 DB, which is where I found this one,
    are out of known theory by move 7 or 8 at the latest.

It just typical that the first lad who steps out of the book gets mated
    a few moves later.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 13:46
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

...[text shortened]... any of you guys had a game on here that followed
    I had a game on another site that followed a GM game 22 moves, and three moves later I lost a piece (possibly not as bad as checkmate). I recall resigning about move 27. Postgame computer analysis revealed that my opponent had improved upon the analysis in Bogdan Lalic, The Marshall Attack, which had been my reference.

On yet a different site, I won a game by following an improvement suggested in Informant by a player who was annotating a game that he lost. You can read about that one at http://chessskill.blogspot.com/2011/10/reading-annotations.html
  5. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 19:14
    I know I was following a GM game until move 24 in this loss, but can't find the game. I was playing black. Probably out of "Pirc Alert!" Chernin and Lev Alburt book that is in storage now. Maybe Jankrb knows? The knight sac seems like its still a !!? but I sure got lost in the waters after the game moves ran out. That's why I don't do this any more unless its a position I really really know

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree