29 Aug '11 14:43
    http://www.chesscube.com/

Free and plays in your browser.
  3. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 16:41
    playchess.com.

You need to download and install a program which connects to the playchess.com server.

It's great and I now subscribe there instead of here.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 16:55
    Originally posted by torten
    http://www.chesscube.com/

Free and plays in your browser.
    Best real time site on the web IMHO.
  5. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 10:20
    How about uchess.com and instantchess.com ?
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 12:30
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    playchess.com.

You need to download and install a program which connects to the playchess.com server.

it's very expensive though, if you wanna do anything else except play. videos, commentary, everything costs extra and adds up. I once made a rough estimate on how much my normal usage of ICC would cost on playchess, it came up to 200€ or something. - on the plus side you get a free sub with chessbase programs.

ICC is the best, but also one of the most expensive. the sub covers everything though, no extra charges.
  7. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 12:351 edit
    Originally posted by wormwood
    it's very expensive though, if you wanna do anything else except play. videos, commentary, everything costs extra and adds up.
    My understanding is that you can pay one fee to just play chess, and then pay extra for any event you want to take part in or watch, or a larger (perhaps double?) fee which allows you to access to all the extras with no additional cost.
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 13:56
    ...or a larger (perhaps double?) fee which allows you to access to all the extras with no additional cost.
    ah, okay, that sounds better.
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 14:42
    playchess.com.

.. and yet here you are posting here 🙄 rather than on the site you subscribe too.

Doesn't say much for the other site.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 15:07
    Originally posted by adramforall
    .. and yet here you are posting here 🙄 rather than on the site you subscribe too.

I think this may be an "apples and oranges" thing, in that a player may prefer playing blitz elsewhere, but may prefer the forum here.

It's true we've had some forum blockheads on lately, but that doesn't detract from the many good things we have posted here.

Our forum is a virtual cafe, where people can stop by to just chat while they wait for a move, or participate in more involved discussions where an interactive conversation is more informative or just more fun than reading an online entry somewhere else.
  11. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 17:33
    Originally posted by adramforall

I still like the chess forum on this site, though I spend much more time on the English Chess Forum now. I don't have to use the same site for all my chess needs!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '11 01:54
    I still like the chess forum on this site, though I spend much more time on the English Chess Forum now. I don't have to use the same site for all my chess needs!
    Did RHP get some kind of beta copy of the Uchess site? The interface looks almost the same, except for the extras there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree