Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 23 Oct '16 19:21 / 1 edit
    Need some practice playing against Scando, if you wanna play with the black pieces please send a game, uprated - regards Robbie
  2. 23 Oct '16 21:42
    I've been playing the scando OTB for 15 years - only ever lost one game against an FM -
    I'll send you a game,
  3. 23 Oct '16 22:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    I've been playing the scando OTB for 15 years - only ever lost one game against an FM -
    I'll send you a game,
    really, should be interesting, i have some little ideas but without practice they are useless thanks for the game .
  4. 23 Oct '16 22:04 / 1 edit
    anyone else, i don't care what your rating is, if you play the scando send me and unrated game
  5. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 Oct '16 10:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Need some practice playing against Scando, if you wanna play with the black pieces please send a game, uprated - regards Robbie
    I looked for the name Scando without success. I also put in scan* and got two pages starting with scan with also no luck and most of them maximum 1300 points. Who is this player? What is his/her real name here?
  6. Subscriber Ponderableonline On Vacation
    chemist
    24 Oct '16 11:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I looked for the name Scando without success. I also put in scan* and got two pages starting with scan with also no luck and most of them maximum 1300 points. Who is this player? What is his/her real name here?
    Ever thought about "Scandinavian"? I learned that Scando is a term for Scandinaviany by People with difficulties with word containing more than two syllables.

    Edit: It's B01: e4 d5.
  7. 24 Oct '16 11:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Ever thought about "Scandinavian"? I learned that Scando is a term for Scandinaviany by People with difficulties with word containing more than two syllables.

    Edit: It's B01: e4 d5.
    1.e4 d5 you into it? send me an unrated challenge and lets rock!
  8. 24 Oct '16 11:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I looked for the name Scando without success. I also put in scan* and got two pages starting with scan with also no luck and most of them maximum 1300 points. Who is this player? What is his/her real name here?
    Dude its the Scandinavian defence also known as the Centre counter defence or something like that, I call it the Scando for brevity. You play it as black? send me a challenge. Unrated and lets play!
  9. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 Oct '16 14:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dude its the Scandinavian defence also known as the Centre counter defence or something like that, I call it the Scando for brevity. You play it as black? send me a challenge. Unrated and lets play!
    Ah, I thought Scando was a person. Splains that one Lets see if I can manage a chal.