Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 02 Apr '08 16:12 / 1 edit
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4546

I always love it when these rating lists come out. Anand in clear first of course, Morozevich is having an excellent run to climb to third place. The big story is Magnus who has certainly surpassed my expectations.
  2. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    02 Apr '08 16:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ericmittens

I always love it when these rating lists come out. Anand in clear first of course, Morozevich is having an excellent run to climb to third place. The big story is Magnus who has certainly surpassed my expectations.
    Due to debts made by Latvian chess federation, Latvian players (including myself) are not in FIDE rating list anymore Hope it will not least for long.
  3. 02 Apr '08 16:53

No, that April list MUST be wrong. Magnus couldn't have moved up the list. After all, back in mid January, Jusuh stated that he thought that Magnus had reached his maximum level. If it's one thing I know, it's that Jusuh just CAN'T be wrong!
  4. 02 Apr '08 23:59
    Originally posted by Korch
    Due to debts made by Latvian chess federation, Latvian players (including myself) are not in FIDE rating list anymore Hope it will not least for long.
    thats a god damn latvian tragedy. I hope it doesn't last long either, hard work should = good rating... you guys are being robbed for your impoverished state.

5. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    03 Apr '08 00:17
    Originally posted by Korch
    That's not too fair for you players
  6. 03 Apr '08 00:23
    Ah, crap. I didn't make it.
  7. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    03 Apr '08 00:24 / 238 edits
    Who is the Magnus Carlsen guy!? That is AMAZING. I am his age, just a bit over, and he can kick my @s* at it.

Also, I read about someone who reached master status learning at 13 in just 4 years (age 17)!

How do people do that? Can chess be a natural talent?

That guy Carlsen has inspired me. Tomorrow you wait. I'll be on that list.
  8. 03 Apr '08 00:45
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Who is the Magnus Carlsen guy!? That is AMAZING. I am his age, just a bit over, and he can kick my @s* at it.

Also, I read about someone who reached master status learning at 13 in just 4 years (age 17)!

you can sit on it all you want. they won't write you in.
  9. 03 Apr '08 06:52
    youpee, I in FIDE list...
    Anand, watch out!!!
  10. 03 Apr '08 06:56
    Originally posted by Ramned

damn thats a lot of edits...
  11. 03 Apr '08 10:29
    Originally posted by droflace
    damn thats a lot of edits...
    Maybe he thinks clicking the edit button hundreds of times will get him onto the FIDE list.
  12. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    03 Apr '08 11:55 / 1287 edits
    That's what I though would happen, but it didn't!
  13. Standard member HurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    03 Apr '08 15:56
    i notice nigel short was on there but no sign of michael adams?
  14. 03 Apr '08 15:59
    Mickey is #14
  15. Standard member slappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    04 Apr '08 19:16

Uh, that's odd. I'm not on the list.