1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 01:01
    Hey,
    I wanted to go ahead and set up a conditional move, but I was concerned that it might move something I don't want moved.

Have there been any problems with the conditional move feature moving a piece other than what you or someone else told it to do? I am not trusting it to happen correctly.

Please let me know if it has always worked for everyone else.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 01:15
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hey,
    I wanted to go ahead and set up a conditional move, but I was concerned that it might move something I don't want moved.

Have there been any problems with the conditional move feature moving a piece other than what you or someone else told it to do? I am not trusting it to happen correctly.

It's always done exactly what I told it to. It works well.
  3. New Jersey
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 01:15
    It has only moved as set for me. I use conditional moves almost every game.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 01:451 edit
    DeepThought and Dcpk,
    I went ahead and used the conditional move feature. I hope it works.
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 11:502 edits
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hey,

There is one important social caveat.

When you set up the move, there is a box to check if you are willing to accept a draw if offered.

The problem is that if your opponent offers a draw, but does not add a message, you will never know that the draw offer was made.

I had two or three situations when I first joined the site where someone offered me a draw when I had a conditional move in play.

Since the move kicked in automatically, they thought I just ignored them, when I was really oblivious to the whole thing.

Misunderstandings mar the playing experience, so it's nice to avoid them whenever possible-in my opinion, at least!

Beyond that, it works fine, and I use it on a regular basis. It's especially useful when the game is already decided, but the other person wants to continue playing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree