1. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 19:12
    Attack is one of the most noble arts in chess.
    Everyone likes an old fashioned kings hunt right?
    But to get the attack going early is hard, most people try 1. e4 (good move by the way!) but what about 1. d4?
    Its not a bad move is it? Many people think that d4 leads to slow almost boring positions.
    I agree to some degree, if you play for exaple the Queens Gambit (1.d4 d5 2. c4) but there are more active openings, one called the "Veresov" and one called the "Trompowsky"
    To great openings!
    I prefer the Trompowsky but you can´t play it against d5.
    The Veresov on the other hand, you can play it agianst both d5 and Nf6.
    These openings leads to aggresiv attacking positions when you can attack at both sides of the board!

Trompowsky: 1.d4 Nf6 2.Bg5!!

Veresov: 1.d4 d5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3. Bg5
    or
    1.d4 Nf6 2.Nc3 d5 3.Bg5

If you are interested in these openings please post it here and i might open a thread for one of the openings!

Best regards [Laggez]
    😡😡😡😡😡
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 19:15
    Originally posted by Laggez
    Attack is one of the most noble arts in chess.
    Everyone likes an old fashioned kings hunt right?
    But to get the attack going early is hard, most people try 1. e4 (good move by the way!) but what about 1. d4?
    Its not a bad move is it? Many people think that d4 leads to slow almost boring positions.
    I agree to some degree, if you play for exaple the Queens ...[text shortened]... here and i might open a thread for one of the openings!

Best regards [Laggez]
    😡😡😡😡😡
    What makes you think the Queen's gambit isn't active?

If it wasn't it would not have been the main winning weapon of Grandmasters for twenty years.
  3. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 19:25
    I´m not at all saying that the QG is bad, I think its the most solid and reliable opening in chess.
    (The Veresov and the Trompowsky is not...but fun!)
    But I still prefer atatcking and that does not happen as much in the QG as it does in the T or V.

LaggezπŸ˜›πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€
  4. Belfast
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 20:05
    I´m not at all saying that the QG is bad, I think its the most solid and reliable opening in chess.
    (The Veresov and the Trompowsky is not...but fun!)
    But I still prefer atatcking and that does not happen as much in the QG as it does in the T or V.

LaggezπŸ˜›πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€
    Actually the Queen's Gambit is far more aggressive than the Levitsky. In the Levitsky, White ends up cramped because of the blocked c-pawn. Black has an equal, if not better game on move 2.
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 20:09
    The idea behind the Veresov is not to get cramped!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜΅πŸ™„
    White is gonna develop his queenside pieces and then head for the advance e4 theat will liberate all his peices against the kingside!
    White does also often castle queenside, that may be to risky after c4.

Don´t move the c pawn!, Laggez😡
  6. Belfast
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 21:35
    The idea behind the Veresov is not to get cramped!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜΅πŸ™„
    White is gonna develop his queenside pieces and then head for the advance e4 theat will liberate all his peices against the kingside!
    White does also often castle queenside, that may be to risky after c4.

Don´t move the c pawn!, Laggez😡
    The simple remedy to the Veresove is 1.d4 d5 Nc3 Nf6. What is White going to do? Even giving up the QB for the KKt means he will have to wind up for e4 with f3, as Black's QB obviously heads for f5. It is just too slow to have much effect, as Black's c5 and Nc6 give him excellent chances for a lot of space on the queenside.
  7. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 10:21
    After Nf6 white Will play Bg5 correct!
    If you want to play Bf5 as you said wjite got to plans, f3 and e4 with a tempo and an other plan that I prefer, namely e3 followed by Bd3 or g4! Attacking early on the kingside!
    c5 and Nc6 is from my point of view the critical way of meating the Veresov when white will often play e3, Bd3 and sooner or later play dxc5 followed by e4 (Re1 is often played) white level play.
    An other plan that is played in many positions in the Veresov is e3 followed by f4 and Ne5, after that maybe 0-0 and f5 or 0-0-0 followed by g4 and h4, attacking early!

The Attacking Laggez!πŸ™„
  8. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 14:25
    But I still prefer the Trompowsky (1. d4 Nf6 2. Bg5) as white has less cramped play.

Uncramped Laggez😡
  9. Big D
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 22:28
    Two great masters of attack made use of the Queen's Gambit and various sub-systems during their careers: Pillsbury, then Alekhine.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:21
    You can 0-0-0 in the QGD. I do it regularly in the exchange variation. Obviously, it cannot be done all the time, and sometimes you have to go for the minority attack instead (which is still quite good, as it usually seems to play itself), but this is true for almost all openings. As for it being risky, most attacking chess is risky, but that's all part of the fun!
  11. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:32
    I guess so, the reason I prefer the Trompowsky and the Veresoz is, it is alot less to learn and you play with your own creativity, forcing your enemy to do the same, and then only the best player will win!

Winning LaggezπŸ™„πŸ˜²πŸ˜΅

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree