1. Joined
    18 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 09:29
    i have only finished 4 games on this site,so dont think this is aimed at you.i have played a lot on other sites and have noticed that even the lowest rated players are good at attacking,they have learnt their openings middle game basics,but as soon as their push forward as run out of steam and they must defend they fall quickly,endgames are another strange land.so on a helpful note if you want to improve learn how to defend(you will have to)and spend at least as much time looking at the endgame as you do at the opening
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 11:311 edit
    Originally posted by mrtnwldrn
    i have only finished 4 games on this site,so dont think this is aimed at you.i have played a lot on other sites and have noticed that even the lowest rated players are good at attacking,they have learnt their openings middle game basics,but as soon as their push forward as run out of steam and they must defend they fall quickly,endgames are another strange ...[text shortened]... you will have to)and spend at least as much time looking at the endgame as you do at the opening
    its twoo its twoo! but we have a kind of phobia of endgames in that they are dry and uneventful, which of course could not be further from the truth (i am cured, but others persist)
  3. Philadelphia
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 00:12
    Nice post. I agree, probably the best defense is not to launch a stupid attack that isn't going to work.

But then again who hasn't spent a game building up an attack, kind of sensing that the moment might have passed, knowing deep down inside that it's probably not going to work, but saying eff it and launching it anyway. Has to be one of the worst feelings in the world watching what you think is a great attack deflate.

Maybe a better title to the thread would be patience patience win.

Picking the right time to attack would be a good discussion to have

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree