Avoid castling

Avoid castling

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Hollow earth

Moves
21 Jun 08

Originally posted by wormwood
we're not talking about general chess theory, we're talking about a fundamental specific move, castling. entertaining the silly notion that the 'theory' of castling could somehow suddenly change, is as ludicrous as believing the basic endgame theory could change. it can't.

castle early. especially if you don't yet understand why early cas ...[text shortened]... exceptions. but not a day sooner. otherwise you'll be just running around with scissors.
Once more,I said that what the big boys do is not proof of it's correctness but only of where current theory stands.I said that in response to sam the sham who said: "Just look at games by the big boys and tell me they don't castle etc....".I didn't mention my stance on the subject of castling.I'll mention it now: I BELIEVE IN CASTLING EARLY! 🙂
The 'silly notion' of a sudden change in chesstheory is also not mine.I speak of a slowly evolving game not of sudden,drastic changes.

Northernlad,it appears we agree then.I do realise there are beginners here but I didn't offer any advise,I seldom do since I don't think I'm a good enough player to advise others.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
21 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I forgot about our Korch.

OK one of the 5 famous K's.
Korch, Kasparov, Karpov, Kramnik, and ?

K

Hollow earth

Moves
21 Jun 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Korchnoi?

MR

Moves
21 Jun 08

Korchnoi, the ironman, of course!

A

Moves
21 Jun 08

Let's not forget about Kahn... Who might have been the greatest player of his time but left the chess scene too early for it to be certain.

g

Moves
21 Jun 08

Kamsky

D

Moves
21 Jun 08

Originally posted by Alex232
Let's not forget about Kahn... Who might have been the greatest player of his time but left the chess scene too early for it to be certain.
KAAAAAHNN!!

o

Moves
22 Jun 08

generally the only time I find myself not castling is is games when the center is closed and it is difficult to attack my king. Do others here think somewhat the same?

L
Stick your hands up

Your bum

Moves
22 Jun 08

Originally posted by DawgHaus
KAAAAAHNN!!
Yeah, he was good, but I've always found his games marked by 2 dimensional thinking.

STS

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by DawgHaus
KAAAAAHNN!!
Like a poor marksman, he keeps missing the target