1. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 23:41
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Game 3106481 I started with a passive opening which was very ineffective during the short game.

In the above game I could not understand why my opponent resigned. I'm a pawn up but in this position it matters so little.

I could -no way- find a win and the game would at least take 20-30 more moves and probably a draw. 😕

Is there any obvious thing I missed?

[edit] Advice appreciated RahimK. Thx in advance.

[edit2] or anyone.
    You must of timed him out while he was on vacation 😀 lol
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 23:45
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Game 3106481 I started with a passive opening which was very ineffective during the short game.

In the above game I could not understand why my opponent resigned. I'm a pawn up but in this position it matters so little.

I could -no way- find a win and the game would at least take 20-30 more moves and probably a draw. 😕

Is there any obvious thing I missed?

[edit] Advice appreciated RahimK. Thx in advance.

[edit2] or anyone.
    Change your opening and be more aggressive. It will make the game a lot more funner.

I too have no idea why he resigned.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 23:51
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Change your opening and be more aggressive. It will make the game a lot more funner.

I too have no idea why he resigned.
    more fun*

Why change the opening? I think white can win with 1.b3 if he chooses to, play can get complicated very easily:

Game 2325814

I really think the reason you guys are drawing so much has less to do with the opening (Though that of course affects things...) but more to do with bad trades. Those trades might not show up as bad by an engine, but I bet if you analyze the games yourself you'll find a way to complicate things without hurting your position and be able to play for a win. Also, when did you draw your games?
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 00:12
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    more fun*

Why change the opening? I think white can win with 1.b3 if he chooses to, play can get complicated very easily:

Game 2325814

I really think the reason you guys are drawing so much has less to do with the opening (Though that of course affects things...) but more to do with bad trades. Those trades might not show up as bad by an e ...[text shortened]... thout hurting your position and be able to play for a win. Also, when did you draw your games?
    You can win with any opening.

1.a3,a4,h3,h4, etc... There are all great openings, Great!

When did you draw your games? Are you asking me?

Not often and fewer in OTB.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 00:36
    Originally posted by RahimK
    You can win with any opening.

1.a3,a4,h3,h4, etc... There are all great openings, Great!

When did you draw your games? Are you asking me?

Not often and fewer in OTB.
    I was talking to the OP, and I meant move number.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree