1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 18:26
    The lesson for me -Perseverance! It just started out all bad. I'm black.

With 11...Nxe5 I mindlessly initiated a Knight exchange that forced my other knight to un-develop himself. Then I was forced to weaken my kingside playing defense - all the while fighting to obtain a reasonable, castled position for my king.

On move 26 I mistakenly hung my d-pawn thinking I could trap his Queen with 27...Bf6. Two problems with this. First, he could block with his black bishop (this I saw right after clicking 'submit move'😉. Second, he had Bxd5! capturing my pawn and pinning my rook.

:o(

I actually thought about resigning and screw it... ATAAAAACK! ATAAAAACK! I worked very hard to be extra careful with my moves and to keep the initiative while avoiding exchanges - and finally to keep my mating threat alive.

In the final position I had literally all of my pieces coordinated in an all out assault on his king.

2. Joined
    26 Jan '10
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 19:562 edits
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    The lesson for me -Perseverance! It just started out all bad. I'm black.

With 11...Nxe5 I mindlessly initiated a Knight exchange that forced my other knight to un-develop himself. Then I was forced to weaken my kingside playing defense - all the while fighting to obtain a reasonable, castled position for my king.

On move 26 I mistakenly hun ...[text shortened]... t after clicking 'submit move'😉. Second, he had Bxd5! capturing my pawn and pinning my rook.
    Hello again USArmyParatrooper!

First off: A general tip. One which I notice regularly in my own games. The bigger boys might tell me off because it is wrong.

If a player moves their A pawn, the should NOT castle Queenside. In your game your opponent played a Queen pawn opening which usually means Queenside castle. However they play 4. a3. How does this help?

Qb6 is possible for black which threatens to eat the delicious b pawn if whites dark squared bishop decides to move (an opportunity you missed in your game).

Anyway: To your game!

11. Bf4 Nxe5 is fine. It is not great, since:

10. Ne5 0-0 is very very safe. 10. ... Qb6 (the move mentioned in the tip) is also possible

It was your response of 12. ... Ng8 that was bad. Ne4 looks like a drops a pawn, but it is actually a tactical kick in the teeth thanks to blacks: Qxc2 if the white Queen ever moves. Plus black has an interesting resource: g5 after 13. NxN PxN.

Okay enough talking. Here is a diagram.
    [/b]
    I'll post this one now (just in case you are still awake) and work on your next worry (26. ... Nh5)
    edit: Actually your assessment of 26. ... Nh5 is 100% correct. It is a horrible move. Bc6 or Bf5 is just better in every way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree