01 May '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 22:351 edit
  2. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 23:031 edit
    Originally posted by Drew L
    When one is banned from RHP, their IP address is banned right? So couldn't they just continue playing from another computer, say at the library?
    Please don't give banned cheaters any ideas. I know that's not your intention but let's not give them the benefit of intelligence that their engine reliance suggests they don't possess.
  3. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 23:30
    Originally posted by scandium
    Please don't give banned cheaters any ideas. I know that's not your intention but let's not give them the benefit of intelligence that their engine reliance suggests they don't possess.
    Sorry. I thought that was common knowledge.
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 23:57
    i believe it is, and i think theres some stuff set up for this..
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 00:11
    the ips are not monitored because it would be a waste of time. most of us have dynamically changing ips, and the rest could be within a closed network with multiple computers or multiple users per computer. it just doesn't work.
  6. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 05:50
    I was being more or less tongue-in-cheek by taking a cheap shot at the type of player I regard as more worthless than pond scum; but whether a few manage to crawl back in under the fence or not, on the whole its an effective enough system to deter most and make it harder for the rest.

To take the latest notorious banning as an example, the player in question was well known in the forums and well regarded by most. And that was back when he was, presumably, an honest 1500. Whatever honest accomplishments he managed are now tainted along with whatever friendships and clan relationships he had. And on top of that he has become the forum joke.

Sure he could manage to crawl back in under another identity but certainly his old life on RHP is over.
  7. Kuala Lumpur
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 06:24
    Wouldn't a player's tendency to crack up a Traxler give him away?
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 07:04
    Originally posted by wormwood
    the ips are not monitored because it would be a waste of time. most of us have dynamically changing ips, and the rest could be within a closed network with multiple computers or multiple users per computer. it just doesn't work.
    I.P's are monitored actually, or at least they are on some sites because I used to have to monitor them!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree