1. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 13:55
    Hey, guys! I was wondering what is your opinion on the "Bg5 Attack", like the Trompowsky, the Vereso, and the Torre.
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 14:10
    Originally posted by badivan1
    Hey, guys! I was wondering what is your opinion on the "Bg5 Attack", like the Trompowsky, the Vereso, and the Torre.
    You must have asked about 20 different openings by now.
    Surely you must have some sort of clue as to how you want to open your game!?
  3. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 14:431 edit
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    You must have asked about 20 different openings by now.
    Surely you must have some sort of clue as to how you want to open your game!?
    I know what I want to open with. I just want to have feedback on what others think about openings that I don't play. That way, I have a better idea of which openings are popular and which are not so popular.
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 14:57
    I know what I want to open with. I just want to have feedback on what others think about openings that I don't play. That way, I have a better idea of which openings are popular and which are not so popular.
    Well you'll generally get very biased opinions of the openings based on asking about them in here.
    To get a more accurate flavour of the merits of an opening & it's popularity you could use a database search.
    Though not perfect, the one here may help:
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/gamesexplorer/index.php?co=-&u=-1&c=GM&movelist=&flip=0
  5. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 18:42
    The Veresov and Torre attacks (sic) are pretty harmless really. The Tromp has a bit more bite, but has become very fashionable in recent times, so most black players will have something against it. Also the Tromp after 1...d5 probably causes black fewer problems.
  6. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 03:372 edits
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Well you'll generally get very biased opinions of the openings based on asking about them in here.
    I actually want to hear the biased opinions to get some sort of perspective. It's not like I am actually looking forward to play the openings which I am inquiring on.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 20:30
    I think GM Julian Hodgson used to make a pretty good living by playing The Trompowksy Attack in tournaments and by writing books and starring in videos teaching the opening. I haven't heard anything about what he's doing these days.

The last time that I defeated an Expert (in this case he was a former master) in a tournament game, I was on the White side of a Torre Attack.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree