1. Subscribernoxidjkramonline
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 19:59
    I've got 119 to 117 (win to loss) for white,

and 135 to 115 (win to loss) for black.

Just wondering if this is interesting or unusual or indicates anything about my playing style, since you are supposed to be stronger as white (as you are a move ahead)? Yes?

M
  2. Swansea
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 22:56
    I play stronger with black too, I think mine is because I like to see what the other player does and then capitalise on it.
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 23:20
    As White moves first, he therefore makes the first mistake. Essentially, since the winner is the player who makes the penultimate mistake, it can be shown mathematically that Black always wins. The proof, regrettably, is too long to post here.
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 23:30
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    As White moves first, he therefore makes the first mistake. Essentially, since the winner is the player who makes the penultimate mistake, it can be shown mathematically that Black always wins. The proof, regrettably, is too long to post here.
    The pure and only fact is that you have no proof to prove this absurd claim.
  5. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    08 Jun '06 00:17
    I also have a better record as black. Besides playing style, it may also have to do with how you acquire your games-- if you don't pick up games as white and black in the same way, it could be that you tend to face slightly weaker players when playing as black.

Also, I imagine the advantage white gets from having the first move is much less signficant at relatively low levels of play.
  6. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    08 Jun '06 00:26
    Originally posted by Ravello
    The pure and only fact is that you have no proof to prove this absurd claim.
    At least recognize an attempt at humor and smartassedness for what it is...
  7. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    08 Jun '06 07:42
    The game is a draw. White is in zugzwang and has to create a weakness in his pawn structure. The best move therefor is 1.Nf3 - a move which can be undone, and even creates an extra tempo. The problem is that black can mimick white's move. He should play 1. ... Nf6, and smilingly offer a draw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree