1. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '07 16:53
    How difficult will it be to play 2 games at once? Considering that I can atm play a single game reasonably, for about 30 moves...๐Ÿ˜•
  2. BRADFORD, WEST YORKS
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 00:20
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    How difficult will it be to play 2 games at once? Considering that I can atm play a single game reasonably, for about 30 moves...๐Ÿ˜•
    Its very difficult. Get one board Blindfolded right, remember to keep the story simple. Then keep doing it til you can win, then move to two boards. I practiced for weeks before getting it right. Try reading a memory book or two as well.

Renegade
  3. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 03:26
    The technique I found for blindfold, although I have only played it once, is to keep a count of every piece on every move. Even if it is not something that is doing anything - make sure you do a mental check of what square it is on. After a few moves, the board will start to appear in your mind, continue with these checks throughout and you should be able to play sensibly as the game progresses.
  4. Big D
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 16:35
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    The technique I found for blindfold, although I have only played it once, is to keep a count of every piece on every move. Even if it is not something that is doing anything - make sure you do a mental check of what square it is on. After a few moves, the board will start to appear in your mind, continue with these checks throughout and you should be able to play sensibly as the game progresses.
    That's interesting -- where did you learn this technique?
  5. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 16:39
    I just made it up at the time, I had a bit of a hangover at the time so I wanted to make sure I wouldnt lose track of the game as I went along and thought that to be the most concrete way to keep the position under control
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:35
    Originally posted by renegade hotspur
    Its very difficult. Get one board Blindfolded right, remember to keep the story simple. Then keep doing it til you can win, then move to two boards. I practiced for weeks before getting it right. Try reading a memory book or two as well.

Renegade
    You can play two blindfold games at once? With a 1400 rating? How...........interesting.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 18:12
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    You can play two blindfold games at once? With a 1400 rating? How...........interesting.
    seeing the board is completely different from finding the good moves that hide on the board...
  8. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 18:20
    Originally posted by wormwood
    seeing the board is completely different from finding the good moves that hide on the board...
    I completely agree. I have progressed to the stage where i can play over a complete game in my head from a games collecton but actualy trying to see the good moves or calculate variations is immensely difficult.
    Some of the great BF players from history absolutely amaze me.
    Pillsbury could play 20+ opponents without sight of the board and on one occasion was seen to be playing wist at the same time.
    truly amazing considering he would be able to beat the strong club players of the day in this fashion.
  9. BRADFORD, WEST YORKS
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 00:05
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    The answers above are correct, but Blindfold Chess is a memory test, the trick I picked up was making a story out of the moves and putting them on a board in your mind. Two boards is tricky but it can easily be done. But like playing two boards at once here, once you've moved you put that game to one side and relook at the next game.

Oddly though the result was quite strange๐Ÿ™„

Renegade

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree