1. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 17:531 edit
    Can you tell me why when I play blitz I much worse than in longer games? it is clear on RHP, but also, I played a bit in ICC; and my 15 minut rating was around 1900; while my 5 minut one was 1300...7

and what to improve?
  2. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 19:40
    I'm interested in this too, I really suck at blitz 🙂
  3. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 01:00
    Your calculation is better than your pattern recognition.
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 01:291 edit
    Originally posted by Macpo
    Can you tell me why when I play blitz I much worse than in longer games? it is clear on RHP, but also, I played a bit in ICC; and my 15 minut rating was around 1900; while my 5 minut one was 1300...7

and what to improve?
    training openings and blitzing more have helped me the most. tactics didn't really affect my blitz at all, nor did endgames.

as to why? for me the reason is lack of experience. the guys who have played a decade or three do much less errors in the 'easy' things in blitz. it's not trivial to get those simple things correct in a time scramble, you see even GMs screw up elementary pawn endings every day on ICC. nobody's immune to it, but experience goes a long way in catching those errors in time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree