1. Joined
    03 Nov '04
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 16:38
    This has been driving me mad for ages - you're winning a game and your opponent disconnects, and somehow it doesn't get recorded in your profile as a win ??!! Is there an art to it, something that some players know and others don't ? If I'm being beaten I resign rather than disconnect, silly sod, I ought to log out and hope it somehow tricks the site...is that how it's done ?

Almost as annoying as watching the clock run down and finding out that it's yourself that's disconnected instead of your opponent.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 16:39
    Have you ever seen a won blitz game recorded in your profile?
  3. Joined
    03 Nov '04
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 16:43
    Yes I've played loads of games, and usually if someone disconnects you get the result on the profile but too many don't to be a coincidence in my opinion.

I remember playing one opponent who i was beating and he kept being abusive and saying i wouldn't win, and when he disconnected sure enough the result wasn't recorded, which made me think he knew how to beat the site....i reported the incident but nothing heard...this was ages ago when I played more.
  4. Joined
    14 May '09
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 17:00
    muhaha .... An evil laugh! Is this on Yahoo chess or RHP Blitz? Play somewhere decent if you don't wanna be disconnected and you are not awarded the point.
  5. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 17:001 edit
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Have you ever seen a won blitz game recorded in your profile?
    I would assume he's talking about uchess, or some other site like that. I've had that happen to me several times on Uchess, where I'm in a clearly won position against a higher rated opponent, and they just stop moveing. The clock clicks down to zero, but the flag doesn't fall. Eventually, I get tired of waiting, and leave. In my profile, the game is then listed as a loss for me.

A good way to avoid this would be to join ICC or FICS.
  6. Joined
    03 Nov '04
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 17:09
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    I would assume he's talking about uchess, or some other site like that. I've had that happen to me several times on Uchess, where I'm in a clearly won position against a higher rated opponent, and they just stop moveing. The clock clicks down to zero, but the flag doesn't fall. Eventually, I get tired of waiting, and leave. In my profile, the game is then listed as a loss for me.

A good way to avoid this would be to join ICC or FICS.
    Yes it's Uchess - really good set up and easy to use and play different speed games, but OMG these things wind me up....breathe, relax, doesn't really matter....:-)

Tried ICC and CupofChess (something like that!) but not as easy to play i find.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 23:02
    Originally posted by CCNoob
    muhaha .... An evil laugh! Is this on Yahoo chess or RHP Blitz?
    Are they substantively different?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree