1. water
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 09:05
    I don't know if this go's here or in help, but any way can I get some feedback on how i could have played this game better. I played Black and I allready see that 3...,Nd7. was a bad move.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 09:14
    Originally posted by Copope
    I don't know if this go's here or in help, but any way can I get some feedback on how i could have played this game better. I played Black and I allready see that 3...,Nd7. was a bad move.
    [pgn][Event "Blitz Challenge"]
    [Site "http://www.RedHotPawn.com/Blitz"]
    [Date "2014.2.5"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "undefined"]
    [Black "undefined"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    1. e4 e ...[text shortened]... 5. cxd5 exd5 6. dxc5 Nxe5 7. Bb5+ Nc6 8. Nc3 Nf6 9. Bg5 Bxc5 10. Bxf6 Qxf6 11. Nxd5 Qxf2#[/pgn]
    Is this a joke? An 11 move mate and you want to see if you could have done it better? Or are you saying it was just luck you had the mate?
  3. water
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 09:30
    It felt like luck, I think he made his fatal mistake at move 9 Bg5. I saw the mate threat but I thought he would capture the d pawn with the Queen, no mate if he had. I guess What I'm asking for is a 2 opinion on the strength of my moves, because they all-ways seem good to me, even if there not. Objectivity for short.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 20:00
    [pgn][Event "Blitz Challenge"]
    [Site "http://www.RedHotPawn.com/Blitz"]
    [Date "2014.2.5"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "undefined"]
    [Black "undefined"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    1. e4 e ...[text shortened]... 5. cxd5 exd5 6. dxc5 Nxe5 7. Bb5+ Nc6 8. Nc3 Nf6 9. Bg5 Bxc5 10. Bxf6 Qxf6 11. Nxd5 Qxf2#[/pgn]
    Yep, 3...c5 is book. You need to attack the white pawn chain immediately.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 20:21
    It felt like luck, I think he made his fatal mistake at move 9 Bg5. I saw the mate threat but I thought he would capture the d pawn with the Queen, no mate if he had. I guess What I'm asking for is a 2 opinion on the strength of my moves, because they all-ways seem good to me, even if there not. Objectivity for short.
    the real boner was taking the pawn with knight. He would have had a much better game with Q-e2+ which stops the mate with a check of his own. Then he could castle and get the king out of harms way for a while.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree