Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member Wildfire
    Force of Nature
    24 Jul '11 19:13
    Anyone else get a shock, or jolt to their body when you realize you made an atrocious blunder the instant after making a move? Or am I just odd?
  2. 24 Jul '11 20:04
    I get a shiver.
  3. 24 Jul '11 20:06
    People often get a physical response to shock.

I find it difficult to believe that I still get any sort of physical reaction when I blunder. You'd think that when you blunder as much as I do that it would no longer be surprising at all!
  4. 24 Jul '11 20:09
    I used to get a red face as a kid. Now I get a good laugh 🙂. Applies only to games of course.
  5. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    24 Jul '11 22:37
    I get an adrenaline rush once I realize I've blundered. I'm guessing that's why I haven't improved as a player... I'm sub-conciously a gd adrenaline junky.
  6. 25 Jul '11 22:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I get an adrenaline rush once I realize I've blundered. I'm guessing that's why I haven't improved as a player... I'm sub-conciously a gd adrenaline junky.
    Go skydiving before every single move and you will jump 300 rating points. Bank on it.
  7. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    26 Jul '11 04:47
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Go skydiving before every single move and you will jump 300 rating points. Bank on it.
    Only in a perfect world.
  8. 26 Jul '11 05:17 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    Anyone else get a shock, or jolt to their body when you realize you made an atrocious blunder the instant after making a move? Or am I just odd?
    I was getting shocked so much I was having a seizure in this game. I still won but I had a lot of blunders. Wasn't quite blitz but you only get 2 mins for each move.

9. Standard member randolph
    the walrus
    26 Jul '11 06:13
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Wasn't quite blitz but you only get 2 mins for each move.
    So that's what, g/120?
  10. 26 Jul '11 16:20
    Originally posted by randolph
    So that's what, g/120?
    No, each move has a 120 second time limit.