Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 31 Jul '17 19:03
    Is anyone watching, or playing, at the venue cymru?

    I watched this afternoon's play.
  2. 31 Jul '17 20:38
    On ChessBomb's live Arena there are so many live games - it means it's very rich association, they can afford 50 electronic chess sets amazing.
  3. 01 Aug '17 10:43
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    On ChessBomb's live Arena there are so many live games - it means it's very rich association, they can afford 50 electronic chess sets amazing.
    Well, it is 3 associations. Welsh Chess Union, English Chess Federation and Chess Scotland.

    I played in one of the weekender tournaments, no live boards at that level ????. I came 3rd, +3 =2 in 5 games.
  4. 05 Aug '17 01:25
    Originally posted by @neilarini
    Is anyone watching, or playing, at the venue cymru?

    I watched this afternoon's play.
    Count yourself lucky, the last time chess made the TV screens in America was 1972. Please don't watch the Denver Donko's. NFL football is for obese, brain dead, gun carrying fools. European sports are superior!
  5. 05 Aug '17 02:01
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Count yourself lucky, the last time chess made the TV screens in America was 1972. Please don't watch the Denver Donko's. NFL football is for obese, brain dead, gun carrying fools. European sports are superior!
    So you are saying you prefer the London Monarchs.
  6. 05 Aug '17 10:48
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Count yourself lucky, the last time chess made the TV screens in America was 1972. Please don't watch the Denver Donko's. NFL football is for obese, brain dead, gun carrying fools. European sports are superior!
    I remember when I was younger, my dad asking me which sport resembled chess. The answer being American football. A lot of the opening plays all being pre scripted. And I'm afraid I'll be heading to washington over Xmas to watch the Broncos play the Redskins as well as catching Ravens and Eagles games too!

    Back to the chess though and I've been watching the top games live all week and loved it, the highlight being the round 5 game between Luke Mcshane and John Merrion. I don't know how to present the game but it's well worth looking up.
  7. 05 Aug '17 11:55
    Originally posted by @neilarini
    I remember when I was younger, my dad asking me which sport resembled chess. The answer being American football. A lot of the opening plays all being pre scripted.
    Maybe, but the average chess endgame doesn't lead to permanent brain damage. Unless you're a duck.
  8. 05 Aug '17 12:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So you are saying you prefer the London Monarchs.
    I prefer the London...anything over the brain dead NFL
  9. 05 Aug '17 16:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I prefer the London...anything over the brain dead NFL
    Ignorance is bliss.

    I hope Neil gets a chuckle out of it, I know I did.