1. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 19:03
    Is anyone watching, or playing, at the venue cymru?

I watched this afternoon's play.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 20:38
    On ChessBomb's live Arena there are so many live games - it means it's very rich association, they can afford 50 electronic chess sets amazing.
  3. Joined
    11 Aug '16
    Moves
    01 Aug '17 10:43
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    On ChessBomb's live Arena there are so many live games - it means it's very rich association, they can afford 50 electronic chess sets amazing.
    Well, it is 3 associations. Welsh Chess Union, English Chess Federation and Chess Scotland.

I played in one of the weekender tournaments, no live boards at that level ????. I came 3rd, +3 =2 in 5 games.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 01:25
    Originally posted by @neilarini
    Is anyone watching, or playing, at the venue cymru?

I watched this afternoon's play.
    Count yourself lucky, the last time chess made the TV screens in America was 1972. Please don't watch the Denver Donko's. NFL football is for obese, brain dead, gun carrying fools. European sports are superior!
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 02:01
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Count yourself lucky, the last time chess made the TV screens in America was 1972. Please don't watch the Denver Donko's. NFL football is for obese, brain dead, gun carrying fools. European sports are superior!
    So you are saying you prefer the London Monarchs.
  6. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 10:48
    I remember when I was younger, my dad asking me which sport resembled chess. The answer being American football. A lot of the opening plays all being pre scripted. And I'm afraid I'll be heading to washington over Xmas to watch the Broncos play the Redskins as well as catching Ravens and Eagles games too!

Back to the chess though and I've been watching the top games live all week and loved it, the highlight being the round 5 game between Luke Mcshane and John Merrion. I don't know how to present the game but it's well worth looking up.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 11:55
    Originally posted by @neilarini
    I remember when I was younger, my dad asking me which sport resembled chess. The answer being American football. A lot of the opening plays all being pre scripted.
    Maybe, but the average chess endgame doesn't lead to permanent brain damage. Unless you're a duck.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 12:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So you are saying you prefer the London Monarchs.
    I prefer the London...anything over the brain dead NFL
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 16:111 edit
    I prefer the London...anything over the brain dead NFL
    Ignorance is bliss.

I hope Neil gets a chuckle out of it, I know I did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree