1. Joined
    23 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 20:312 edits

White (me) to move -- (Aiming for a draw or better)

In a game I was playing against an expert I was considering a line that lead to this position. Ultimately I did not play it because I thought it was too unclear. Black is a pawn up, but a badly placed queen. White has more active play...but the problem I saw was that after say Qf3 and Bb6, white doesn't really have any good attacks as all of black's pieces (except the queen) are well placed. Plus my king is exposed.
  2. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 20:41
    You didn't mention whether this game is still being played. You may not ask for opinions or recommendations regarding games in progress.
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 20:48
    What about g4-g5 followed by Nc3-e4. The position seems "unclear" to me. At first I fancied Black, now I don't know.
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 20:48
    Originally posted by dkurth
    You didn't mention whether this game is still being played. You may not ask for opinions or recommendations regarding games in progress.
    Go read his message again
  5. Joined
    23 Jun '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 02:49
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    What about g4-g5 followed by Nc3-e4. The position seems "unclear" to me. At first I fancied Black, now I don't know.
    That doesn't look too bad, although black could potentially gain a kingside attack. I'm not sure of what a solid plan could be at this point for white other than exchanging pieces and probably queens and then hope for a drawish endgame. The path I took was better, or would have been better I think, if I hadn't gotten myself into time pressure in what became a tactical game.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 03:381 edit
    You don't say it clearly enough for them.

But I think you lost here.

And a kingside attack after g4, am i dreaming ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree