1. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 20:23
    I've played three games this week with heavy flu, drawn one and lost two. I've been seriously Ill, unable to get out of bed without breaking into a sweat, shivering as soon as i go outside or pick up my tools for work etc etc. And I wondered. what would happen if Carlsen for example had flu this week? Would they postpone the tournament, or would he just have to do what he can? I've been well below par for a fortnight because of illness, and it would be terribly bad luck if you'd been working at it for years, and then were a bucket of cold crap in the vital week!
  2. Joined
    27 Feb '13
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 01:06
    I have the long term flu that's been going around and it is affecting my chess severely. I am not even trying to calculate as my mind is too foggy.. . . just trying to place pieces on safe/active squares. At his level this cold would be brutal.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 07:19
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    I've played three games this week with heavy flu, drawn one and lost two. I've been seriously Ill, unable to get out of bed without breaking into a sweat, shivering as soon as i go outside or pick up my tools for work etc etc. And I wondered. what would happen if Carlsen for example had flu this week? Would they postpone the tournament, or would he just h ...[text shortened]... f you'd been working at it for years, and then were a bucket of cold crap in the vital week!
    Apparently Svidler played the Candidates with some sort of flu/cold. I think in those situations it's just bad luck. They can't reschedule the whole tournament for one player..
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 13:59
    Originally posted by Fright
    I have the long term flu that's been going around and it is affecting my chess severely. I am not even trying to calculate as my mind is too foggy.. . . just trying to place pieces on safe/active squares. At his level this cold would be brutal.
    Hey, in that case, can I challenge you?🙂

Just kidding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree