1. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 14:53
    Roman Dzindzichasvili has made yet another DVD. The rough count is up to about 53. Years ago i bought one tape and now use it to replace sleeping pills. In this latest dvd Roman coat tails onto Nimzovitch. It's entitled--Roman’s Labs volume 26-27: Nimzowitsch’s My System, with 75 Years of Improvements Added. Here's an excerpt from the Chess Cafe Review: "In short, this two-DVD set has the look and feel of a collection of justly ignored out-takes from other DVD’s, patched together and given the Nimzowitsch name to boost their sales. Those who have not read My System will get virtually no idea of what Nimzowitsch had to say from viewing these two DVD’s, while those who have will find they learn very little." Somewhere Roman is down in his basement in his mad scientist lab creating another historical DVD document, with a yet even longer title. Maybe a compilation of his best moments would be in order here a la Sienfield, a box set with outtakes, interviews with the producer (Roman), the narrator (Roman) and the Director (Roman). These videos help chess players as much as chessbase's latest dvd's with 400 billion games from 1165 to 2006. He's a little like Rumplestiltskin, only you'll have to spell his last name before he'll stamp his foot and disappear forever.
  2. Sandwich Land
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 15:25
    Can you actualy say that again in clear english? I dont understand what you are trying to say.

Is it good or bad?
  3. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 15:56
    I admit it is rather ambiguous. You'll have to read between the lines to get my drift.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 17:56
    I'm a big fan of Roman's Dvd's and video especailly since I don't have to pay for them. Free lectures are always good.

I think he's lectures are pretty good in all honesty.
  5. Under Cover
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 20:04
    I'm with buddy on this one. I really HAVE used my Roman DVD's as a cure for insomnia. I work nights, and sometimes have trouble sleeping in the daylight. Roman has really helped me with that. As far as my chess game, I need a new mentor. 😀
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 20:46
    Originally posted by BLReid
    I'm with buddy on this one. I really HAVE used my Roman DVD's as a cure for insomnia. I work nights, and sometimes have trouble sleeping in the daylight. Roman has really helped me with that. As far as my chess game, I need a new mentor. 😀
    Well when you have to pay for something, it changes everything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree