Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 26 May '08 16:23 / 1 edit
    I keep getting emails about the CFC. Is there some kind of controversy or turmoil going aboot?
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    26 May '08 17:21
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I keep getting emails about the CFC. Is there some kind of controversy or turmoil going aboot?
    Um, what do the emails say?

P-
  3. Subscriber AttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    26 May '08 17:53
    CFC? - What is it? Chlorofluorocarbons? Chess Federation of Canada?
  4. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    26 May '08 17:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    They want nakey picshuz.
  5. 26 May '08 19:50
    CFC as in canadian chess federation?

I have recieved no such emails. Try the chesstalk message boards.

http://members5.boardhost.com/ChessTalk/
  6. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    26 May '08 19:59
    you smoke and play chess.. its only natural the canada fed. chess trys to sign you up..
  7. 27 May '08 02:04
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    They don't talk.
  8. 27 May '08 03:15
    Originally posted by irontigran
    you smoke and play chess.. its only natural the canada fed. chess trys to sign you up..
    I sent a good friend, and member of The CFC, an email asking what is going on.
    From the emails, I am guessing many players are not happy with it politically speaking.
    I'll see what my fellow butcher/chess player has to say aboot it. eh
  9. 27 May '08 07:04
    Their website appears to indicate they're busily going broke, and as a result are trying to restructure in order to keep going. There's a few links to explanatory documents there.
  10. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    27 May '08 15:47
    They don't talk.
    Says you@!
  11. 29 May '08 00:56 / 1 edit
    I sent a good friend, and member of The CFC, an email asking what is going on.
    From the emails, I am guessing many players are not happy with it politically speaking.
    I'll see what my fellow butcher/chess player has to say aboot it. eh
    Here's what he had to say:

what this issue comes down to is this, the guy who runs the cfc hired a guy to do an online magazine. he didn't ask the committee first, then the committee shot down the idea. the guy who was hired is now suing the cfc he had to sign contracts to do the job.... these guys are just screwed.... just one thing after another...
  12. 29 May '08 01:23
    Here's what he had to say:

what this issue comes down to is this, the guy who runs the cfc hired a guy to do an online magazine. he didn't ask the committee first, then the committee shot down the idea. the guy who was hired is now suing the cfc he had to sign contracts to do the job.... these guys are just screwed.... just one thing after another...
    The USCF is also wrestling with at least one, maybe two lawsuits, financial problems, and declining adult membership. Is it something in the North American water?
  13. 30 May '08 01:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    The USCF is also wrestling with at least one, maybe two lawsuits, financial problems, and declining adult membership. Is it something in the North American water?
    It must be a universal problem.