1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 21:43
    Hello,
    Does anyone know the character codes for Special Characters to perform or display standing for keyboard presses? For instance the apostrophe is character '

I tried 
, I guess, for an ENTER KEY press to try to simulate a carriage return in my PGN annotation, but it did not work.

Does anybody know the special code for a ENTER KEY press so that my sentences can be separated in annotation, rather than immediately following each other in the annotation, when I have more than one sentence in a single annotation expression?
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 23:25
    Not sure if this is what you want. I used to use charmap. It's an easy download for what I used it for back in the day.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=character+map+download&revid=459602508

http://www.asciitable.com/
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 00:54
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hello,
    Does anyone know the character codes for Special Characters to perform or display standing for keyboard presses? For instance the apostrophe is character '

I tried 
, I guess, for an ENTER KEY press to try to simulate a carriage return in my PGN annotation, but it did not work.

Does anybody know the special code for a ENTER KEY p ...[text shortened]... h other in the annotation, when I have more than one sentence in a single annotation expression?
    Even if you insert the right codes, there is no guarantee that the javascript is going to leave them alone.

Especially RHP's viewer. It tends to self-destruct if you put unexpected carriage returns in.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 06:34
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hello,

I tried 

Does anybody know the special code for a ENTER KEY p ...[text shortened]... h other in the annotation, when I have more than one sentence in a single annotation expression?

is the html code for CR. If that didn't work, I have no further suggestion.

I tried unsuccessfully to get umlauts into my forum descriptor. Umlauts are the potholes of the DataBahn. I gave up on getting special characters to render correctly. I expect this is a coding issue, and Russ (the webmaster) is responsible for that. I reckon he has better things to do than render special characters.
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 02:471 edit
    Originally posted by moonbus

is the html code for CR. If that didn't work, I have no further suggestion.

I tried unsuccessfully to get umlauts into my forum descriptor. Umlauts are the potholes of the DataBahn. I gave up on getting special characters to render correctly. I expect this is a coding issue, and Russ (the webmaster) is responsible for that. I reckon he has better things to do than render special characters.
    I myself am amazed at the number of special characters Russ's site has been able to generate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree