1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:47
    I'm hoping for commentary from DivGradCurl so we can all learn from it.

2. Joined
    24 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 02:111 edit
    Well if you want to make a topic that's enjoyable to read and actually gets feedback there's a number of things you're doing wrong.

First there's the issue of thread title. You're going to want to start a thread with a title that draws people in. "Check out my Blitz game!" isn't very inspirational... there's a lot of threads with almost identical names on the first page. I know you can do better! Next time try something like "I won a game and I need validation". People will respect you for your honesty.

Then there's the issue of content. You need to express an opinion of some sort! Even something as simple as "maybe 1.d4 instead of 1.e4" might garner you some respect among the Big Dogs like MYSELF. If you can't think of anything chess-related to say just post pictures of kittens. This is a tactic I have been known to use myself. It will lull people into posting which will bump your thread to the top of the page (where it will get more hits).

If you need anymore advice on posting you can always PM me! If you make too many of these amateur topics people will stop respecting you, so put some effort in next time! I know you can do it!!!
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 02:14
    Originally posted by DivGradCurl
    Well if you want to make a topic that's enjoyable to read and actually gets feedback there's a number of things you're doing wrong.

First there's the issue of thread title. You're going to want to start a thread with a title that draws people in. "Check out my Blitz game!" isn't very inspirational... there's a lot of threads with almost identical name ...[text shortened]... ecting you, so put some effort into your topic next time! I know you can do it!!!
    You suck
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 02:18

First there's the issue of thread title. You're going to want to start a thread with a title that draws people in. "Check out my Blitz game!" isn't very inspirational... there's a lot of threads with almost identical name ...[text shortened]... ill stop respecting you, so put some effort in next time! I know you can do it!!!
    OK, I'll give you credit for a witty retort.
  5. e4
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 02:54
    Good game.

On move 9 you can win a piece and set up a quicker win.

6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 07:06

First there's the issue of thread title. You're going to want to start a thread with a title that draws people in. "Check out my Blitz game!" isn't very inspirational... there's a lot of threads with almost identical name ...[text shortened]... ill stop respecting you, so put some effort in next time! I know you can do it!!!
    Do you consider yourself a professional chess player? I see you have won all of your first games, but I also won my first 36 games, then got into the 1800 crowd and found out I wasn't as good as I was beginning to think I was. Lets see how you do against Greenpawn for instance. Why don't you challenge him?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 07:49
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I'm hoping for commentary from DivGradCurl so we can all learn from it.

[pgn][Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2010.9.24"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "USArmyParatrooper"]
    [Black "David S Cowen"]
    [Result "1-0"]

1. e2-e4 e7-e5 2. Ng1-f3 Nb8-c6 3. Bf1-c4 Ng8-f6 4. Nf3-g5 d7-d5 5. e4xd5 Nf6xd5 6. Ng5xf7 Ke8xf7 7. Qd1-f3 ...[text shortened]... 2. Rd5-c5 Kc8-d8 23. Qe5-d5 Kd8-e8 24. Rc5-c7 Ra8-d8 25. Rc7xe7 Ke8xe7 1-0[/pgn]
    Great game I hope your opponent recovers after that beating!

if he does he'll never play 3 ...... Nf6 again!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree