1. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 May '20 18:15
    Anyone's favourite chess bookmarks. Been away from chess for a while and now making a comeback. Having played too much bullet chess I need stuff other than bullet games. Have made silly moves already because I looked at the first move and looked for a better move.
    Anyone links to practice tactics, opening etc?
  2. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 May '20 19:06
    @congruent said
    Anyone's favourite chess bookmarks. Been away from chess for a while and now making a comeback. Having played too much bullet chess I need stuff other than bullet games. Have made silly moves already because I looked at the first move and looked for a better move.
    Anyone links to practice tactics, opening etc?
    Chess.com has an extensive library of tactics training tests (with solutions) videos on everything from basic endgames, to advanced middlegames. You can also play live games up to 30 min.

Hope this helps. 🙂
  3. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    21 May '20 23:251 edit
    It's hard to give a strong player advise.
    You're 2000 with an opponent average rating of 1850 so you are strong.
    chess24.com has a tactics trainer that is tough but worth it.
    I'm 1900 in 10 minute games but my tactics trainer rating is 1600.
    Hard puzzles are frustrating but over time it makes you strong.
    Other sites have weak tactics trainers so you feel better about yourself.
    chess24.com also has videos and such.
    You might even get a game against Magnus Carlsen 😉

At your 2000 online level I think lessons from a real master is needed if you want to move forward in strength.
  4. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    22 May '20 06:291 edit
    @the-pickled-walrus said
    It's hard to give a strong player advise.
    You're 2000 with an opponent average rating of 1850 so you are strong.
    chess24.com has a tactics trainer that is tough but worth it.
    I'm 1900 in 10 minute games but my tactics trainer rating is 1600.
    Hard puzzles are frustrating but over time it makes you strong.
    Other sites have weak tactics trainers so you feel bette ...[text shortened]... 0 online level I think lessons from a real master is needed if you want to move forward in strength.
    Lol I'm not a "strong player". A strong player is one who is capable of making a reasonable move in the opening, middle and ending. You can't make a reasonable move if you don't know your theory, openings etc.

I have played bullet on lichess and it has affected me, perhaps no one else has this issue?
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    22 May '20 09:29
    @congruent

Personally (my experience), one needs a strong opening reportise. My book collection gives guidance (like a bible, my age🤷‍♂️) should I need it. Having a solid white & black opening that can transpose to a road you want to go down or atleast feel relatively comfortable with is essential🚬
  6. Joined
    24 Dec '19
    Moves
    22 May '20 12:43
    chesstempo is pretty good for tactics training. They have opening and endgame stuff that I've never used so can't say how good it is.
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    22 May '20 13:43
    @kingme said
    chesstempo is pretty good for tactics training. They have opening and endgame stuff that I've never used so can't say how good it is.
    Neither have I, if I feel I need to sharpen my tool box I use RHP.
  8. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    23 May '20 15:16
    Found a good site
    https://www.chessstrategyonline.com/content/tutorials/how-to-start-a-game-of-chess-opening-principles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree